Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the rims were damaged during the tire install before the package was shipped so now I've got 2 good tires and rims and 2 bad tires and rims. One of the messed up ones has the outer lip scrapped up almost half the way around the rim and the other one has a nice big ding/dent in it kinda close to the lip. What makes me mad is the fact that I "need" tires and now I may have to wait longer to to get them

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No response yet. I called and left a message and also sent them an email with pics.

I'm always more than willing to work with any vendor. I'll hold off on installing the pacakge until I hear something but if I get nowhere tomorrow then I'm calling the credit card company and disputing the charges claiming they sent me a defective/damaged product.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sorry to hear. Post what happens with the vendor.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
That would make me really mad also. :mah:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Hopefully your vendor will make things right.

Mark

·
Registered
28 Posts
That sucks. Monday I had a sheet metal screw in one of my BFG KDs, took it to a a local tire place and stressed that I would not tolerate any damage to my black z06 motorsport wheels. Manager was very cool and let me talk to the tech and watch them fix the tire. The deal was that I had to get on it when I left. There were 7 shop workers standing outside waiting on me to leave. :jammin:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
95formula said:
That sucks. Monday I had a sheet metal screw in one of my BFG KDs, took it to a a local tire place and stressed that I would not tolerate any damage to my black z06 motorsport wheels. Manager was very cool and let me talk to the tech and watch them fix the tire. The deal was that I had to get on it when I left. There were 7 shop workers standing outside waiting on me to leave. :jammin:
I always bet the tech 10.00 that he will scratch my wheels. I always have to pay up. ;)
Good luck with your situation and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They called me first thing this morning their time (since they're out of CA) and offered a couple options. 1-they credit me for the damage and I live with what I have, 2-they send a call tag to get the 2 wheels and tires picked up and sent back so they can send me new ones or 3- have the send new rims and I have the tire put on the new rims. I told them I'm willing to go with option 3 only if they reimburse me the money it would cost to have the new rims mounted and balaced. They agreed to credit my card $30 to cover the cost and they will be sending out the new rim either today or tomorrow depending on when they can get them in. They are also covering the shipping charges so I won't be out any money. It'll work out good for me b/c I need to get an alignment anyways and I can have the dealer take car of the mount and balance of the new wheels.

Sorry but because the vendor doesn't support this site I don't want to mention any names. If you want to pm me I'll be happy to answer any questions. I will tell you that they are the Hyperblack ZO7/Ace Slick wheels and that Corvette Garage wasn't the vendor. I have ordered from CG before and had very good service from Nate and his group so i don't want to say anything bad about them.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Man, what a good feeling after dealing with some good customer service!! Things worked out good for you!!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Glad you made out ok man! Be sure to post pics when they're mounted. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Looks like the vendor is making things good. That's the way it should be. Glad it all worked out. Hey, send us some photos when you get them on your ride.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Glad to hear things got set straight by the vendor. That's not always the case!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm gonna try get some pics this weekend as long as it doesn't rain. I will be sure to post them. With the Hyperblack finish and the BFG KDW2's it's kinda got a sinister look.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Glad everything worked out. \\
Just some advice...next time wait a bit before posting something like this. Try to handle the issue offline first.

m

1 - 20 of 21 Posts