Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The new Z is certainly a looker. In my opinion, and the others I was with, it was the best looking car there, no joke. The ferrari's came close. The only other car that was comparable was the C6R.

I wouldn't say I got a better feel for it in person. It was simply, everything I thought it would be (from all the photos online). You can get a very good feel for the car from those. I will say though, the yellow color has grown on me some. I thought I would dislike it in person. On the contrary, it was better in person.

One downside, it makes the C6 look blah (for lack of a better word). I was dissappointed in those, and certainly can't see how someone with a c5z could trade to one of those. It's a no brainer if the c6 is tempting you. Keep the C5Z. However, if the price is right on the C6z, i'm trading in. Still can't wait to see it in black though.

I did get to checkout the black c6 convertible. Only reason I was interested was to checkout the paint. It actually seems to me they improved the paint. No more orange peel that I could see, just some swirl marks from the people "dusting" them off.

Interior of the c6 was not very different from the c5 IMO. Just some more fancy gadgetry (like any other newer model car). The gadgetry was nice, but again not near enough for me to consider a trade on one.

Front hood scoop on the c6z is smaller than the pictures indicate. It is "plugged" with a black plastic insert. I don't see how (or why) someone would make it functional. Even given that it just moves air over the engine compartment, I can't see how it would have much of an effect. Seems like they just put it in to breakup the plain hood of the c6.

I can see how some might think the roof is removable though. As you know, the panel appears like it's removable. But upon closer inspection of the aluminum chassis, you would see that it is bolted in and not removable. However, I think a conversion company could easily modify it to be removable. Also it seems like it would be easy to offer a removable roof for 2007. Who knows.

Oh ya, one more thing. I sat in the c6 seats. They still have little side bolstering. However, they seemed A LOT stiffer. I sink into my seats some. The c6 seats were like sitting on plywood. I'm not sure if thats good or bad. Just wanted to give you a "feel" comparo.

Bottom line, its a VERY good looking car. I can't see anyone being disappointed, regardless of price.

Anyway, just my observations. Hope this helps someone decide.

Adam

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Thanks for the report :coo: :ity:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I noticed the Z didn't have an engine. At least I wasn't able to see any from looking underneath. I suspect the show car is not complete because it really doesn't matter if the car on the turn-around has one, or not. I would like to see a LeMans blue one, or at least another color. The yellow is nice, but... :roll:

I went to the show yesterday, and it was PACKED!! It's interesting that Ford still doesn't have a car to compete with the Z. The Mustang is nice, but same old, same old. I guess Chrysler will have to up the anti again :yeadog: to keep up.

Tim

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention, the Ford GT was a great looking car too. I the new Z comes close performance-wise, it would be a slap in the fact to Ford.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I tried sitting in a couple C6s while I was at the show. I didn't like the way the lumbar support on the seats were. They hit the wrong spot on my back and weren't comfortable in the slightest bit. The seats in the GTO though were nice and comfy. :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
NETfiend said:
I tried sitting in a couple C6s while I was at the show. I didn't like the way the lumbar support on the seats were. They hit the wrong spot on my back and weren't comfortable in the slightest bit. The seats in the GTO though were nice and comfy. :)

Was the cars battery hooked up so you could ajust the seats?? Most show cars have the battery disconnected while on the floor. There is a lot of ajustment available in the C6 seats. I like th way they fit me.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yep, the power was on and I fiddled with the adjustments for a while but couldn't make it comfortable. I also looked around for a lumbar adjustment but I couldn't find anything. It was like laying back on a rock. My wifes dad had the same complaint as me when he sat in the car. It was very disappointing. To put it in perspective, as you probably know the C5 Z06's seats are extremely comfortable, I expected the C6 to be at least as good if not better.

·
Registered
590 Posts
NETfiend said:
Yep, the power was on and I fiddled with the adjustments for a while but couldn't make it comfortable. I also looked around for a lumbar adjustment but I couldn't find anything. It was like laying back on a rock. My wifes dad had the same complaint as me when he sat in the car. It was very disappointing. To put it in perspective, as you probably know the C5 Z06's seats are extremely comfortable, I expected the C6 to be at least as good if not better.

There is a lumbar ajustment and a bolster ajustment switch located just to the rear of the control for the up, down, foreward, backward, front tilt and rear tilt control. The car has the same controls on both front seats. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
itchynackers said:
No more orange peel that I could see, just some swirl marks from the people "dusting" them off.
I agree the paint is better but it is not orange peel free. I have seen orange peel on C6's.

Front hood scoop on the c6z is smaller than the pictures indicate. It is "plugged" with a black plastic insert. I don't see how (or why) someone would make it functional. Even given that it just moves air over the engine compartment, I can't see how it would have much of an effect.
Any air that gets to the intake easier makes a big difference.

I can see how some might think the roof is removable though. As you know, the panel appears like it's removable. But upon closer inspection of the aluminum chassis, you would see that it is bolted in and not removable.
This was covered a long time ago with pictures as being something not removable. No doubt an aftermarket company will do something about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts