Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a deposit has been left and a preliminary order has been placed with the dealer and I'm 1st in line for a 2002 Z06.

Used Team Chevy in Westmont once again. They are the one of the biggest Corvette dealers in the Chicago area. Used them for my 1996 C-4 and my 1996 Impala SS, and now a 2002 Z06.

Now the wait begins.

Joe

·
Registered
0 Posts
Congrats!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif You should see that baby around the end of July.

You might want to consider going to Bowling Green and watching them build it. Its a great experience. I never thought Museum delivery was worth the mnoey, but after seeing several Forum members get theirs at the Museum, I gotta say that's the only way to go!! cool: That's the only way I will go on my next Vettes!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2001-03-16 18:46, fcalmes wrote:
Congrats!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif You should see that baby around the end of July.

My thinking is that may be a tad early as the backlog of 2001 Z06 Orders may spill over to 2002 models, delaying any new 2002 orders. Hope I'm wrong.

Seeing it being built is a question that I will be posting next. I have been through the BG plant at least once a year for the last 10 years except in 97.

Joe

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Joe:

Congrats!!!

You will love it, but keep your Buicks!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif misses his Grand Nationals!
Red/Black Z

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
GNX Guy.......Congrats on your new order!! I,too, am first on the list for a MY '02 Z06..Due in late July..getting mine from Campbell Chevy in BG,KY....As Frank wrote,it is a wonderful experience to view your OWN car being built!! My wife and I,in February of 1996,was taken on a private tour for nearly 6-1/2 hours to view #393 GrandSport being built...from the chassis being put together,engine being bolted to the frame....to viewing the "marriage" of the chassis to the body..having line workers along with ourselves and the Host,autographing the under carriage.just prior to it being bolted to the frame...from my putting the first 5 gallons of gasoline in the tank...the wife firing up that LT-4 for the first time!! Then,came back in 2 weeks for the NCM Delivery of it!! AWESOME experience!! Have plans in the making at this time,for us to view the MY '02 Z06 in it's building stages as well..PLUS,the NCM Delivery once more!!

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
On 2001-03-16 20:20, GNX Guy wrote:

My thinking is that may be a tad early as the backlog of 2001 Z06 Orders may spill over to 2002 models, delaying any new 2002 orders. Hope I'm wrong.
According to Ken Fichtner's memo from chevrolet, any orders that have been placed but can't be filled for 2001 Z06's are to be cancelled, not rolled over to 2002. If this is true, you'll have a good chance at an early delivery of the 2002 Z06. However, I'm still skeptical that there will be a 2002 Z06. If there was going to be one, why wouldn't these orders roll over to 2002?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Congrats! That baby will be sweet, I too was thinking of getting a 02 but decided instead of loosing 2-5 Grand in upgrade, I would just put it into Mods:D:D. I have already started....the fun begins./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On 2001-03-18 09:55, Rapid spewed forth this drivel:
GNX Guy. Did the dealer have info on upgrades for 2002?

NO way, I had to tell them that Electron Blue replaced white

We will know more on this forum and sooner than the sales people ever will.

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts