Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from Mallett and Corsa....

....in Cleveland. Took the daughter up to look at a University that is recruiting her. Carpe Diem. Probably one of the last chances to drive the Z06. Couple of things;

1. Was merging from I-271 N. to I-90 E. Nice sweeping turn. Looked down at the speedo and we were at 110. Looked at my daughter and she looks me straight in the eye and says "Dad, don't ever say anything about my driving! It's cool, but don't ever....!"

2. Had to pick up some new brake fluid and pads. We left early and stopped at Mallett Cars. Talked to Chuck, Lance and the elder Dad. Great people. Chuck says they are working on a Z06 specific package and will be debuting it in the near future. Stay tuned (sic). I can not reveal any specifics.

3. Had some extra time so we motored over to Corsa Performance (about 1/2 mile from Mallett's). I talked with Jim Browning, Jr. and met Jim Browning Sr. Nice people also. I wanted to see their new Titanium Race Exhaust. UFBL (UnFingBelievably Light.)! Probably worth the price just in weight savings alone. Jim didn't have any dyno numbers for stock upgrade. I was very impressed and put down an option on the next production unit. Our plan is to dyno my basically stock Z06, in the morning, install the Titanium set up at Corsa, then redyno after installation on the same day. Then we will all have numbers.

4. I suggested this before but many things prevented me from acting on it. I approached both Chuck Mallett and Jim Browning about having a tour some Saturday of their manufacturing and tuning facilities for Z06 Forum members (actually anybody would be welcome). They both agreed. As Winter is now closing in along with the Holidays I think that we should plan on doing this in early April. We could, say. meet at Mallett's in the morning, tour the facilities, ask questions, then go to lunch. After lunch, stop over to Corsa and do the same. This will all depend on the racing schedule for Mallett in the Spring. He will have his Z06 Specific Package ready by then and Corsa will have more experience with the Titanium System. Stay Tuned.

Comments and suggestions appreciated. We could maybe even pull this off in early December if you all can't wait but it won't be as much fun driving the Suburban to Cleveland in 10"s of the (shudder) white stuff.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Put me in Coach--

Sorry we couldn't hook up on this visit. The weather will surely be less conducive to travel as December approaches. I'm game for a visit to Mallett and Corsa anytime between now and whenever.
Why no details on the Z06 package?

Keep me posted

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mallett & Corsa...YEA!

Mr DJ:

Nice write up!

I'm in for the Mallett/Corsa tour! Since I live about 2.5 hours from Cleveland, I have wanted to do this for a long time....It would be much more fun with our Z06 brothers and sisters!!

I can be ready to go in 10 minutes!!!! :lol:

Anybody else interested?

Zip :) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts