Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dealer called to inform me that he had a new '02 brochure set aside for me. As usual, it is a 1st class publication! The cover sleeve is two-tone black with "Corvette" and the "C5" logo in silver. The brochure front and back cover is also in two-tone black and the inside covers are silver. The centerfold is a Millennium Yellow Z06! :cheers: At the upper left corner of that page shows the new "Z06/405 hp" emblem. The first sentence of the narrative starts out in Capital letters: "THE EXTREME CORVETTE."

Page 34-35 is entitled "The 2002 Color Palette," and has a neat web site that I found quite interesting....go to "corvette.com/brochure," and you can view any color configuration (including wheels) on all 3 models! Way Kewl! :cool:

Page 22-23 is done in silver with a beautiful color curtaway of a LS6 engine! Credit here goes to Davis Kimble for his fine art work!

Page 10-11 shows an Electron Blue Metallic Coupe with the optional high polish aluminum wheels. The car is sitting on a sand hill, but the shadow of the car is is done in blue! NYCE, Very NYCE!

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I got mine too, was just sitting along with about 10 others on the Chevrolet brochure table. Just grabbed one, was surprised because usually they are hard to come by. I have one for each year starting from 1991. Pretty neat little collection. I also grabbed the 2002 Camaro Brochure with the new 35th SS in it. Nice ride.

Andy

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
IMHO, Chevrolet should send each and every one of us who had to WAIT so long for our cars, a new '01 or '02 Z06 brochure just to say "thank you" to paying customers. This B.S. of having to buy a brochure from the dealer who already made thousands of $$$ on each Z06 sold or compete with some 12 year old kid on a skate board for a 'freebie" is totally beyond me. :(

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr Sinned:

I am sorry to hear that dealers in your area charge for the brochures. My local dealer simply gives me a new brochure every year.

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Not only do they charge us for brochures Zippy, but for what local Norcal dealers expect to get for the car itself, the Z06 brochures ought to be engraved in gold. :roll:

·
Registered
228 Posts
It would be nice if I can get one. The selling dealer for my 02 Z06 sucks. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Raymond

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You can get the brochures by calling Chevy Customer support.

They told me (less than a month ago) that the dealers get them first, then they will have them in customer support. To hold me over, they sent me another one of the small 2001 Z06 brochures. So, for anyone still wanting a 2001 brochure (the one with the yellow Z06 on the cover) call them quickly before they are all out.

chris

·
Registered
186 Posts
dsinned,

Mine was free from Parker-Robb in Walnut Creek, picked up my 3rd car in 3 years from them on 8/31/01 at the NCM.
I'm now looking for a new white 2001 vert to go with my 2000 red coupe and my 2002 EB Z06. :) :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
By the word "brochure" I don't think we're talking about the "mailer" from CAC. I believe Zippy may have mentioned that the "real" brochure has some 3 dozen plus pages and some rather elegant front and back covers in a black and silver motif. In the past I have been told these are available through GM parts and they are not "free". If you are good at stroking the sales force, or in fact "buying" a new car from the dealership, you should be able to get the brochure when your salesman is willing to give you the five finger discount when nobody else is watching. What is an even better "prize" is the spiral bound "booklet" that is given to each dealerships sales force for sales "training" purposes. After a while the sales people have no use for them and may be willing to give them away to their best
customers. FWIW, I don't think the CAC will provide a full feature brochure upon request, because of the extra cost factor. The best "perk" from Chevrolet is the free subscription to CQ for 3 yrs upon the purchase of any new Corvette. Do any
one know if this is still the policy?

·
Registered
619 Posts
All brouchures are FREE !!!!

Dealers and salesmen are reluctant when giving them away because they pay GM $20 a piece for each brouchure, so they give them to either customers who have bought a new Corvette or are real serious about buying a new Corvette.

You might happen to find a generous salesman that will give you one but those guys are difficult to find.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
dsinned said:
IMHO, Chevrolet should send each and every one of us who had to WAIT so long for our cars, a new '01 or '02 Z06 brochure just to say "thank you" to paying customers. This B.S. of having to buy a brochure from the dealer who already made thousands of $$$ on each Z06 sold or compete with some 12 year old kid on a skate board for a 'freebie" is totally beyond me. :(
My salesman grabbed me one, and mailed it to me just after I had ordered my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts