Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new Z06 Chrome wheels put on , what a difference. Got these from West Coast Corvettes as part of the fix for the "booboo" I put on the car a few weeks ago. I am extremely pleased with the appearance of the car with these new wheels. I also put on the stainless steel letter kits for the front and back and the stainless steel rolled Z06 exhaust plate which dress up the car just enough.

Will get pictures this weekend during the Dyno Day event in MA and post them in the Members Ride area next week.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
It should not be allowed to make a post like this and not have pics!! :D

Bet it looks good!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Chromies do make a huge difference. I was about to sell my Z06 until I got them. They make the whole car shine. GM needs to rethink the dark silver color of the stock wheels.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Wow, I bet they look great (but a picture would remove any doubt!). I wonder how they will look after a ride around town and a bit of that DAMNED BRAKE DUST (it's awful on these cars and I am easy on the brakes!!!!!!) gets on that shiney chrome and dulls the sh_t out of them. Hope it works out for you and POST SOME PICTURES:D ! Bill
PS. Did I mention some pictures are in order here:D :D :D

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
CorvetteSS said:
Chromies do make a huge difference. I was about to sell my Z06 until I got them. They make the whole car shine. GM needs to rethink the dark silver color of the stock wheels.
And the Speedway White............

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Am anxious to see your chromies too!

I like the stock wheel, but I LOVE the look of chrome Z06 wheels! Perhaps if someone from GM is watching this forum they might see an opportunity for GM to increase their profits by suggesting that the General offer Chrome Z06 wheels as a factory option. ;)
I would definitely check that option on my next Vet order! HINT-HINT! :D

Zippy :) :)

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
I love the silver Z06 wheel, it hides BRAKE DUST!!! Chrome does look good though. Try RainX on chrome wheels. The brake dust will rinse off with just a light spray of water. DON'T use RainX on clear coated wheels, however, it isn't compatible.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
What we need is not chrome wheels, but high polished forged aluminum wheels like the 5 spoke ones.......

No added weight from chrome and same good Z06 wheel looks...

MHO :)

JC

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just wondering guy, but these are not compleely new rims, they are jut dipped correct???? Therefore the price for the upgrady shouldn't be s expensive as getting new rims.....BTW I have a pic if anyone wants a pic e-mail me at [email protected] or just PM me....I'll try to attach it in this post, we'll see what happens

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know I need to get a digital camera, have been looking, but nothing yet.

Will get pics at the dyno day this weekend, along with a slew of banner pics.

Looking forward to it

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pics of the New Chromies...

Here you go...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They really do "brighten things up", don't they, especially on such a "dull" color as the torch red...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Dull color I think not.Exciting color thats more like it.Those new rims look great.G:)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts