Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my shipment from WCC arrived with Revive, Brilliant Spray Glaze, and Detail Spray. I didn't realize there was a Butter Wax until after I placed my order that's why it isn't listed. Anyway, I'll give my car a work over this evening sans Butter Wax and then follow-up with my results and pictures.

-RR

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Give us a short review later.

Alex

·
Registered
259 Posts
roushraven said:
Thanks, any tips would be well appreciated.
Your gonna love this stuff . Here is a quick sequence for you to follow 1 Wash with Dawn 2 Clay bar ( use the detail spray for a lube ) 3 Revive with Scratch & Swirl Remover 4 Brilliant Spray Glaze 5 Butter Wax . I know you don't have all this stuff but once you do your ride will look like this , probably better http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=5umi9s
:thumb:The picture is not that good but you get the idea. Also ADAMS web site has Instructional Videos you should check out first.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The results are in...

Okay guys here's an update, but before jumping down to the pictures let me give you some background.

I didn't have the complete detail kit so I could not detail the car per steps outlined above or by Adam's website. Nevertheless I decided to go with what I usualy do when trying out new detail products i.e. start with a wash followed by the detail spray. I have used this method when trying out Auto Glym, Zymol, Zaino, and Meguairs NXT (my standard) so I am confident that if there is a difference I would be able to spot it.

First up (but not shown...yet) was my Z06. That car is my sunny day road rage machine so it's generally very clean. In any event I gave it a quick wash and followed up with the Adam's detail spray only. I immediately noticed the nice aroma and the car surface slickness. I would say it is at least on par with the slickness of Zaino detail spray but much slicker than NXT and Zymol (detail sprays). I also noticed that the color is now richer in tone. Kind of like the difference you see between a wet surface and a dry surface. Very impressed...so far with the non-metallic finish.

After completing my Z06 I moved on to my daily driver road rage machine, my Roush Cobra. To put it mildly the car was filthy but I didn't have enough time to completely detail it the way I normally would. And since the rest of the Adam's products hadn't arrived I simply washed it too.

After washing it I applied the Adam's Brilliant Spray Glaze to the windows not really expecting much exciting. Man was I in for a shock. I don't know what's in that stuff but it far surpases the clean and shine that I get from my other stand by glass cleaner in the spray can. That product is definitely well named. 10 out of 10, two thumbs way way up.

Next I applied the detail spray. At first I thought my mind was playing tricks on me because it seemed like the metallic flake in the paint was sparkling through better than before. But as the pictures will show that is exactly what happened. Remember this is just from a simple wash and dry followed by the Detail Spray.

In the following pictures you are looking at what the car's finish was like after NXT. Lots of depth and clarity but not nearly as much sparkle from the metallic. With exception of number 1, these pictures were taken in direct (Texas) sunlight.

NXT #1

NXT #2

NXT #3

NXT #4

These next pictures highlight the depth, shine and brilliance of the Adams detail spray. These pictures were taken in direct (Nebraska) sunlight.

Adam's #1

Adam's #2

Adam's #3

So there you have it. So far I give the Adam's Polish products that I have used a definite seal of approval. Application and removal is just as easy as NXT. Although it isn't as readily available as the Meguiar's product it is more easily obtained than Zaino - for me.

I'm a firm believer that no one polish/wax can be the answer to all paint colors and finishes. Although NXT has proven to come very close. Now there is a new kid in town and I believe that Adam's Polishes will hold it's own and quite possibly surpass my old standard. If the detail spray produces these results I can't wait to see what the process will do.

Stay tuned.

-RR

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
I have NXT on my car also.
I recently acquired a kit from Adams and have only used the detail spray (so far). The difference is awesome. Even my wife commented on how shiny my car was (now I'm gonna have to do hers :bang: )
I can't wait until I get a chance to wash, clay, polish & butter wax :D

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I know you'll be happy with the results you get with Adam's stuff! :thumb:

One thing to mention: Butter Wax OR Brilliant Glaze. If you use both, use the Butter Wax OVER the Brilliant, as the Glaze will remove the wax (it has petroleum distillates). I tend to use one or the other--Wax for longer lasting protection or Glaze for eye-popping shine. You'll want to spray the Glaze onto a microfiber applicator pad, then apply to the surface--it'll go farther than spraying right onto the car. If you get Glaze sprayed into cracks, it will dry into (easy to remove) spots, so that's another reason to use a pad.

You can do a mix of Scratch and Swirl Remover, Revive, and Detail Spray on a microfiber pad to do an initial clean-up of your finish, after claying, thereafter a touch-up with Revive should suffice...

·
Registered
968 Posts
The OLD polish,wax debate will go on for years. You can only get so much shine and depth out of paint! depends on how and where the sun is shinning,lights in the garage ect. :thumb: Whatever you use and makes you happy,that is what matters. Go Ziano!! :yeadog:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts