Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea Baby!! Yea! Now I know what you guys and gals are talking about!!! What a fantastic car!! Scary fast!! just like my dirt bike Just Bitchen!! as they say down in California!

I am mildly concerened about a little grinding going into second gear form either upshifting or downshifting. Alll the other gears are smooth as silk. I hope its not the syncro. Anybody else experience this problem at first? its got 55 miles on it now and yes the clutch is all the way in.

:guiness: :cheers:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats on the Z06..scary fast dirt bike(Honda CRF450R):cool:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Congrats on the ride, and excellent color choice.

As 2nd gear I would watch it and add another hundred or so miles to loosen her up a bit :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

There are a few forum members in your area and at times will post in the Northwest Section of Upcoming Events.

Now the fun begins.

Pat :cheers:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Congrats!

My tranny was hard to shift at first, really had to shift slow. Now 1,700 miles and smooth. Never heard any grinding though.:cheers:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Greetings and congratulations! Excellent choice. :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Congrats Vudu!

Hey that second gear grind thing, is it maybe the 1 to 4 shift screwing you up? It took alot of getting used to when I bought mine until I finally got it disabled. If you're not sure about it check the "Owner FAQ" on the left nav bar.

Have fun breaking her in!:cheers:

Paul

:z:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have to agree with this statement

Hossman said:
Congrats Vudu!

Hey that second gear grind thing, is it maybe the 1 to 4 shift screwing you up? It took alot of getting used to when I bought mine until I finally got it disabled. If you're not sure about it check the "Owner FAQ" on the left nav bar.

Paul

:z:
When I first got my car in August, I would on occasion shift pryor to reaching the magic 20mph. At first I thought there was something wrong as well....even though I owned a '96 GS and a '90 ZR-1 at the time and should have known better (they were disconnected). Try driving past the 19-20mph range and see if it still gives you problems. Although this wouldn't be the answer for the downshifting.... :eek: :bang: :guiness:

Welcome to the neighborhood.

HarryB

·
Registered
943 Posts
im waiting for my 2002 black on black .everything except bodysides
i cant wait
i just sold a 71 454 and an 84
will i notice a power difference?
lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts