Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was able to buy a brand new, still sealed in the box set of Z06 Chromed Replica wheels, made by OE Concepts for $1150, plus freight. The wheels came with the center cap with the logo in full color and holy geeze to they look great! I can't wait to get them on my EBZ... now I just have to find someone I trust to swap the tires...

I wanted to pass this along, since the gentleman that I got them from said he would extend the same price to anyone on the forum that mentions my name (Jon Elliott) when they call to order. They are $1,250 directly from OE Concepts so this is a great deal, especially compared to some of the prices I've seen for repro's. The wheels are non blems, triple chrome plated, and carry a one-year warranty while the structure of the wheel carries a lifetime warranty.

The distributor is Dan Jones. He takes Visa/Mastercard and has the wheels in stock and will ship out either the same day or the next business day after payment is received. You can contact Dan at [email protected] or, 734-395-1776.

Hope this saves some of you a couple bucks!,

Jon

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Any details on these wheels, like:

Where are they made? I understand some are made in the USA and some are made over-seas.

Same size, width and offset as OEM Z wheels?

Got any pics?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm not sure what country these are made in but there might be more info on their website http://www.oeconcepts.com/aboutus.html

These are exact replicas so the offset and width front to rear are identical to the original Z06 wheels.

Dan noted that:
"The wheels carry the OEM size of 17x9.5 for the front and 18x10.5 for the rear. These fit any 97-02 C5 or Z06 Corvette with no rubbing issues at all. The wheels are triple chrome dipped and brought to a mirror finish that is of show quality. The finish on the wheels carries a one-year warranty while the structure of the wheel carries a lifetime warranty. I just got the shipment in from OE Concepts after a long period of testing to ensure the wheels are as strong as OEM specs. To attain this level of strength, the wheels are cast in a high-pressure machine that reduces the weight of the wheel while increasing load capacity in the spokes. I have been having trouble through a few other companies with the spokes not holding up in DOT testing and am pleased to say the wheels up for auction passed at the same level as the OEM Z06 wheels did.

Here's a picture. The center cap doesn't look full color but, it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Weren't those on ebay???

chris

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. After they were sold I contacted him to get a price for wheels directly from him. My buddy and I were looking for chromed repo's and Dan offered this price. When I asked if he would be comfortable extending the price to anyone on the forum he said yes. Since I've started looking these have been going for $1,200 to $1,400 so, I thought it might be of interest to those here.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I paid $25 extra for the chrome lugs. i'm going to compare them to the factory lug covers that come with the polished aluminum wheels and decide which to use.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Sounds like exactly what I have seen.

Please post detailed pics and description when you get them. I know that there are still lots of people like me out there that are interested.
I am still slowly looking for the center cap that has an engraved emblem instead of a sticker. I have seen them from one company only - and that was on ebay and they came with the wheels.

chris

PS, what are you doing with the old wheels??

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I just bought a set of chrome Z06 wheels from Xtreme Motorsports .. 3 year warranty on plating, lifetime on wheels, $1295, free shipping. This was a Christmas special, so I don't know if the price has changed ... but it was a great deal ( I thought) and the wheels look great!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jerry, the 3 year warrenty on plating might just make up for the price difference (I'll let you know in a couple years...)

Chris, I think I'm going to keep the orignial wheels for the time being. Maybe I'll use them for track tires at SIR. (not to race with of course, just for tuning...)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jerry, the 3 year warrenty on plating might just make up for the price difference (I'll let you know in a couple years...)

Chris, I think I'm going to keep the orignial wheels for the time being. Maybe I'll use them for track tires at SIR. (not to race with of course, just for tuning...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts