Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see an '02 road test but here's a little tidbit:

"Top GM officials boast that Chevrolet plans to go Viper hunting with its next generation Corvette Z06. The new version will be wider than the base C6 Corvette and will boast upward of 450 bhp."

I thought Dave Hill said they never intended to directly compete with the Viper??

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

On 2001-08-08 20:32, PbPedis spewed forth this :
I thought Dave Hill said they never intended to directly compete with the Viper??

And trees make no sound in the forest...........

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
619 Posts
Compete... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Once the new Z06 is here, there will be no competition for it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn. So I'm getting a new car this year. In two years, I have to get another new one? My wife is going to kill me. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
PbPedis

We are all gonna belong to the DHC, the dead husbands club. I have an 01 and wating for 427 ci or 450 hp................ /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
How is it that I have had my '02 Z06 all of two days and already am excited about the C6 Z06?

Horsepower is definitely addicting... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are all sick and need serious help.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If it moves, it needs more horsepower. God, I'm so glad to be with others who are also sick!

Ken- /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

On 2001-08-08 20:52, IMA Z06 spewed forth this drivel:
PbPedis

We are all gonna belong to the <B>DHC
, the dead husbands club. I have an 01 and wating for 427 ci or 450 hp................ /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

</B>
Me too, Leadfoot. LOL

IMA Z06 - I'm going to modify my signature to include 'DHC Member'

Chris I know how you feel - when I got my '01 there was already talk of the 405/425 hp models.

Museum Delivery Mirrors Memory Mats
FRC Partition
NCM Life #637
Corvette Atlanta
C5 Registry
DHC Member (Dead Husbands Club)

My Museum Delivery

Signature by Jason

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Guys; theres safety in numbers! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
Remember I predicted this on a hot tip a few months ago that Dave will put a beefed up version of his other pet project (the Northstar power plant) in and that is why the C6 frame will be one inch wider and longer to accommodate the new engine.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Zippy's motto on hp:

"If some is good, and more is better, then too much is just right." /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
6 Posts
450 HP is great, but what about weight? I heard the C6 is supposed to be lighter than the C5, any info or guesses on the weight of a C6 Z06?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

On 2001-08-08 23:40, Felkebg spewed forth this drivel:
Remember I predicted this on a hot tip a few months ago that Dave will put a beefed up version of his other pet project (the Northstar power plant) in and that is why the C6 frame will be one inch wider and longer to accommodate the new engine.
What do you think the Corvette faithful will say about not having a bowtie engine in their Vette /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif At least the ZR-1 engine was intended only for the Vette.

Museum Delivery Mirrors Memory Mats
FRC Partition
NCM Life #637
Corvette Atlanta
C5 Registry
DHC Member (Dead Husbands Club)

My Museum Delivery

Signature by Jason

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-08-09 12:20, llarch spewed forth this drivel:
450 HP is great, but what about weight? I heard the C6 is supposed to be lighter than the C5.
I know nuttin, but my new C6's will probably weigh under 2800 lbs. I know nuttin!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Are these exciting times or what?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

On 2001-08-09 13:16, Manatee spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
On 2001-08-08 23:40, Felkebg spewed forth this drivel:
What do you think the Corvette faithful will say about not having a bowtie engine in their Vette /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif At least the ZR-1 engine was intended only for the Vette.

</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't be surprised if the Olds Aurora IRL engines magically lose the Aurora nameplate and gain a Bowtie in the future.

The Oldsmobile name may be phased out, but some of the engine programs may remain. The IRL motors are pretty sweet pieces.

As for C6 weight? Lean and mean...lean and mean, that's what I think.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Don't be surprised if the Olds Aurora IRL engines magically lose the Aurora nameplate and gain a Bowtie in the future.
I think I read just that very thing in this months Road & Track.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Dumb question - Are the Olds Aurora IRL and Northstar race engines designed/developed by the same folks? I always associated the Northstar with Cadillac.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I started saving my coins weeks ago for the future 450 HP C6 Z06. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

GOLD72

1 - 20 of 33 Posts