Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my Z at Andy's on Saturday after the BBQ...I asked Andy to put the Comp Cam with nothing else but my LG LTs and the Halltech...Great results, Andy calls me on Tuesday and can't believe what they got out of it...Cam only netted 52 HPs & 30 TQ...The end result was 429 HP and 401 TQ...Up from 377 & 371...I'm somewhat amazed as the rumor is still that his dyno is 4% low...You do the math...We're going to Fontana for a rack rental tomorrow night...Temps will be between 60 & 80...All I want is enough horsepower to hang with the new Z...Hoping for great mph tomorrow...

Greg

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
That's awesome! What are the specs on the cam? :cheers:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, 224 - 228 witrh 588 & 581 lift @114...Nice rumpity rumpity with a side to side shake..Very drivable off idle and pulls alot harder, smoother (not cammy at all) and revs considerably faster SOTP...Car is noticeably louder at full throttle...Pulls real hard is 3rd...Feels like 2nd...Hoping for alot mph tomorrow...Don't care much for E.T.

Greg

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
That's a nice cam... I had a little smaller 224/.581 in my last motor and I had good results as well. Good luck tomorrow. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Greg,
Great numbers for cam only and bolt-ons! What kind of AFR's are you running to get that kind of power? Hope its not too lean. Please let us all know what you turn at the track tomorrow night. TIA, Jim :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jim, they're sitting right at 13.0 to 13.1...Right where I wanted them...

Greg

·
Registered
752 Posts
Those are some mighty fine results for a cam install. Must be some magic in the tune ;)

Anxious to see what you can do on the MPH....looks by your signature that you were in the 120's w/ the headers and a tune. Sweet!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Greg, that's awesome. Except for the LTs, would the cam be smog legal here in CA?

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Congrats Gregs.. Can't wait to see it run tomorrow :thumb:

Did you do anything about your clutch?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Can't wait to see what she does tomorrow night. All that new power may change your launch strategy a bit.

A sweet car made even sweeter.

I think I have power Envy, maybe I should have left mine too.

Don't forget to bring her out to the road course on Saturday. I'll bring an extra set of stickies should you decide to run. Looks like they have some very good instructors to help the new guys get up to speed.

9 Z's are registered so far, we even have our own garage area
facing the gas pumps. Look for the Zo6vette.com banners courtesy of CASE2377. The Lotus Elise and Lambo guys will be in the garage next door. The Elise should be a tough competitor on the infield course, not to mention the Bulls.

·
Registered
413 Posts
great results....cams in the 228/114* range give the best of both worlds, good power without sacrificing street manners (good tune) ... go have some fun.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alex, it probably would not pass, but I don't know for sure...I don't have to worry about for 3 1/2 more years but I think we all know someone who pass it for us...I do anyway...

Greg

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kat no, I did nothing about the clutch...I think it was an isolated incident, probably because of the double burnout after the delay for a few seconds by the starter and then coming out at too high rpm...

Greg

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Good numbers. Thats the cam Andy put in my forged motor that is running his blower. Makes some decent power. :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spdrcrj, Andy's kit is next form me just like yours...Looking for about the same power as you have...mid 600 sounds sweet...

Greg

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Greg Irvine said:
Spdrcrj, Andy's kit is next form me just like yours...Looking for about the same power as you have...mid 600 sounds sweet...

Greg
I have to go to an appointment right now but please read my thread on installing his alterntor tensioner. It works as advertised, just have to make sure you keep it off the frame. Im also getting a 3.6 pulley. My goal is 680rwhp (800 at the motor). Good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Greg Irvine said:
Thanks, 224 - 228 witrh 588 & 581 lift @114...Nice rumpity rumpity with a side to side shake..Very drivable off idle and pulls alot harder, smoother (not cammy at all) and revs considerably faster SOTP...Car is noticeably louder at full throttle...Pulls real hard is 3rd...Feels like 2nd...Hoping for alot mph tomorrow...Don't care much for E.T.

Greg

Greg,
It was nice talking to you at Andy's during the raffle, congrat's on the new cam :thumb:

I think I will be doing a cam next.
:cheers:
Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts