Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed my SQ-Trim on my 02 Z06 and for some reason my boost gauge is only reading like 5 lbs of boost maybe......I am on the 30/34 tooth stock config. from vortech. I also have the LG Long Tubes, off road x pipe, and slp loudmouth which have no mufflers. Has anyone else seen almost 2 lbs of boost lost because of a free flowing exhaust?? So would putting a 32 tooth pulley on the SC get me back to where I need to be? Is it possible my gauge is reading incorrect? I wouldn't think so because the car is faster....but I think it should definately be even faster. I also have the tune from Vortech in the car. Did they maybe not take out the Torque mgmt. as well??? Any help is great

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
You either have a leak in the intake between the blower and the throttle body, a sticky BOV, a slipping serpentine belt, or a gauge that isn't calibrating properly.

I remember that when I installed my Vortech, there were a few vacuum lines that ran past the jack-shaft pulley for the blower. One of the lines contacted the flange on the pulley and the pulley cut a notch in the line so the line was leaking.

Others have had problems with the serpentine slipping at high load (the blower puts the biggest load on the drive system when you're at high RPM).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stock Vortech boost is what (?) 6.5 lbs? You should be seeing that at max rpm.

Included with the "kit" is a very conservative tune. I've been running a 30 tooth pulley with no problems after 9700 miles. I tried 34, the excitement just wasn't there....

Get yourself over to Andy, get another pulley get it tuned properly and enjoy extreme performance! :thumb:

It'll do it!

Roger

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay......rocketsled was right...I left one of the blue hoses loose, didn't tighten the clamp. Just forgot....

So wait you're running a 30 tooth pulley on the jackshaft and a 30 tooth pulley on the SC??? I'm going to get over to Andy soon and definately run a 32 tooth on the SC....How many lbs would that give me? How many lbs. would a 30 on the SC give me?? How safe would that be on a stock bottom end? Oh and what is the least fuel PSI I should see to be safe?

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a 30 tooth Blower Pulley I will sell you. I just bough it from Vortech, It is brand new. I paid $110 for it. If you want it, you can have it for $100 shipped.
Sam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts