Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the Z sits alittle higher in the rear than the front (using the airgap between tire and fender as the gauge). Has anyone just lowered the rear ~1 inch with good results.

Also, when you lower the car like this, what about the wheel alignment. Does it have to be readjusted, or is it acceptable as is?

What's the lowering limit before any tire rubbing becomes an issure?

Thanks for any info /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

J

·
0 Posts
Following GM's recommendation. Lower the ZO6 15 mm's at most. Front and rear..

I just had my 99 lowered 14mm's front and rear..Its the perfect balance for me in street use and the handling and look are exactly what I was looking for.

My suggestion for what its worth...lower the front and the rear together..in what amounts to 1/2 an inch..

The handling improves quite a bit and the high boy 4 x 4 look is gone.

I'm very pleased. I paid a shop to do this with a copy of the do it yourself instructions..

This is not a flame to those who have gone lower..this is just what I personally chose and have found works best for me.

Good luck..and remember I would recommend doing the front and the rear the 14 mm's.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FRC Tom -- good point, and well taken /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Sorry to hear that happened ... guess it could have been worse though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts