Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of used Z06 rims last month but finally went last night and purchased a new set of tires for the upcomming solo 2 season. I went with the Kumho V710's, I have the 275's up front, and 315"s at the rear.I will be competing in SS but have some tire questions.

1. Tire rack did not reccomend that I have them heat cycled. They said it was not necessary with the Kumhos for solo 2. Is this correct?

2. What would you reccomend for initial tire pressure setings?

3. Assuming that each run is around 50 seconds what type of tire life can I expect?

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey jersy Scott!

Good to hear from you again. I had a nice time hanging with you last year at the autocross. I noticed that Jerry had gotten a set of wheels, and a trailer also, should be interesting this season. I still need to get a trailer to haul the wheels with so I will not be at the event this month, my first one will be at Boeing on April 3

p.s. please dont bring those Hoosiers, I don't want to get spanked just yet!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jersy Scott

I will keep the tire warmer idea in mind. It would be neat to run against someone else in the same car. Hope to see you at an event soon. I am sure I will need alot of advice on how to handle the new rubber.
Have a nice weekend!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.