Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I finally upgraded the stock shifter today. To say there is a difference is an understatement. I LOVE IT :jammin: . The shifts are much more positive and I can now actually hit 3rd gear at high RPM's every time. Shifts are so much shorter.

I used Jub Jub's mod and am pleased with the way it improves the basic Hurst feel, as well as the rattle reduction. Thanks Jub Jub :cheers: .

You do have to get use to the tightness when shifting into first and reverse from neutral, but it seems to be getting easier as I drive. I can't believe the difference in construction between the OEM and the Hurst. WOW! The Hurst is much better built.

Next mod goes on in July. A new intake :thumb:. Thanks guys for making this the best forum for Z lovers everywhere.

Tim:)

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Congrats! The Hurst is the best mod I've done...I love it! :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats, What springs did you use and did use the shifter stops? :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Tim in Indiana said:
I took out the stops and put in the soft springs.
If you do a search on shifter stops you will find out they can be very beneficial. I used to think they were not necessary because the tranny has internal stops. After doing the more research I have changed my mind. The stops will reduce the chance of bent shift forks. If you are not a aggressive driver then more than likely be fine with out them. Just my 2 cents. :cheers:

·
Registered
882 Posts
IT L GO said:
The stops will reduce the chance of bent shift forks. If you are not a aggressive driver then more than likely be fine with out them. Just my 2 cents. :cheers:
I had a friend years ago who was a body man. He decided to powershift his old style Hurst in his Chevelle SS (in his apartment complex). Slamming into 2nd, he broke the weld where the flat post attached and was literally holding his shifter in mid-air. I guess you could call that aggressive. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
It will loosen up after you drive it for a while. Keep the other springs as you might want to make it a little stiffer after it breaks in. I think the stops at least lessen the chance of bending the shift forks.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
One of the best bang for the bucks you can do.:yeadog:

Jack

·
Registered
612 Posts
I love my Hurst! I kept the factory springs in mine. I probably have over 10,000 miles on it and it still never misses a shift. It does get a little easier as time goes on! :z:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I was told our trannies have internal stops and negate the need for stops on the hurst. Plus on these cars they can rattle loose. I took mine out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts