Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Thanks, Rick :cheers:

Let's hope your order book fills up fast too :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
For my next Vette, I will be sure to contact you. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Leave me out

Rick Daniel said:
I had 489 Corvette Club email addresses that I sent an email to telling them about the cfivevette site. Already getting replys thanking me and telling me they have joined.:cheers: :D
Rick,

I bought a car from you, and that's all I wanted. I got your email announcing C5vette.com and others promoting next years models. I wondered why you were sending this to me. Others here may think your mass mailings are great, however, I view them as spam. Under federal law you have no right to use email addresses gathered in the course of business for any other purpose without the written permission of the clients.

I think you have 489 potential lawsuits on your hands for misuse of private information.

What exactly is a "Corvette Club" mailing? I didn't want or need your announcement and don't want any in the future. Z06Y Lady, Feeling Spammed :(

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Janet,

You can rest assured you will never hear from me again. I viewed this mailing as an attemp on my part to help this forum and the cfive site to grow. Again your name will be removed from my address book and all referance of you will be removed as well.:(
I think it is very sad that someone would put forth so much time trying to find something negitive about everything and everybody. Please remove my name from your sig in the future.
Rick Daniel feeling hurt.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Janet, your knowledge (or interpretation) of internet law is rather weak as best in this case. To say that a persons written consent is required to send them email is, well, preposterous.

Not that I condone mass mailings (we don't do them but we did try the community bulletin a few times) but legally, there is nothing that can be done in this case.

Read this:

Spam laws in the U.S.
Another archive of spam laws is at http://www.spamlaws.com.
There are currently no U.S. national laws regulating unsolicited email.

Some states have laws but guess which state is not covered? Georgia :)

In fact, most state laws are as follows:

Abstract
(abridged from the state's own summary): Modifies Virgina law to (a) prohibit forgery in connection with spam, (b) make spamming software illegal, (iii) relieve ISPs from liability (i.e., only the spammer can be sued). The recipient can sue for actual damages or the lesser of $10 per message or $25,000 per day; ISPs can sue for actual damages or the greater of $10 per message or $25,000 per day. Explicitly permits ISPs to implement measures to prevent spam. Also refines and codifies numerous definitions related to computer crime.

This means that the actual act of sending mail is not illegal unless it pertains to forgery. It's spamming software that is illegal :)

Ok, not enough?

Well, even in the PROPOSED legislation you're screwed:

(10) PRE-EXISTING BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP- The term `pre-existing business relationship' means, when used with respect to the initiator and recipient of a commercial electronic mail message, that either of the following circumstances exist:

(i) Within the 5-year period ending upon receipt of such message, there has been a business transaction between the initiator and the recipient (including a transaction involving the provision, free of charge, of information requested by the recipient, of goods, or of services); and

(12) UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL ELECTRONIC MAIL MESSAGE- The term `unsolicited commercial electronic mail message' means any commercial electronic mail message that is sent by the initiator to a recipient with whom the initiator does not have a pre-existing business relationship.

I would hardly consider 1 email from a known individual spam, especially since it mentions this fine establishment :) If he sent you chain letters or flashing ads every month, then I'd be screaming right with you........

Don't sweat it Rick.......just don't do it often :)

JC

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Hey Rick, add me to your mailing list. :)

[email protected]

When I get junk mail, I just throw it away, I don't attack the sender. I don't consider email from a vette guy 'spam'. Maybe the lady is having a bad day? :(

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I have to vent, sorry ...

Okay, this has been bothering me all morning. The Z06Y_Lady was on the live chat a few weeks ago, I was there and remember it well. I asked JC if he got a job yet, just asking. He replied 'no', and a discussion started about this site, and the owner (JC) getting a 'cut' if a member makes a purchase from a supporting merchant. The Z06Y_Lady was insisting that JC collect demographc information about the members, so the merchants could be convinced to participate in such a program. This went on for many minutes. Rick was in there too, saying 'Coupes and Verts' over and over again, his point being that more people would visit if this was not limited to Z06's. I believe this may be what started JC (and the others) on the path of the new site, cfivevette.com.

Now, what the heck is going on? The new site is up and running (nice BTW), and Rick, who is a merchant that gives good discounts, wants to advertise the site. And the Lady, advertises Rick in each post in her signature. Did I miss something?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Anyone know where I can get discounts on estogen shots.:lol:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
We need to get our priorities straight. Life is too short to get upset over minor things. When I get e-mails I don't want I just delete them and go on.

:cool:

I could be hurt because I didn't get Rick's e-mail but I have more important things to worry about because I know Rick meant well.:)

When I die, I want to go quietly and peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, and not screaming and yelling like the other three guys who were in the car with him.
:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Thanks RICK, We Vert and Coupe guys/gals over on the HOTTEST NEW VETTE SITE ON THE NET thank you

Z06 guys/gals come on over and visit. Lot of good info for C5's in general is starting to build. Better yet sign up and join in.

Yes we have a banner section BUT no banners yet...LMAO

Click here =====>>>>

Thanks again Rick

You can add me to your list :) :)

George

·
Registered
178 Posts
Golly Batman, Looks like an exact replica to me!

Well, at least we don't have to learn how to get around the site!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I get spam everyday and just delete it without opening it.
I sure don't like the idea of getting more just because I sign up for a forum account.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
rick,

Maybe you can put one of those 'if you don't want to receive...' type notices in you emails. That will help you remove those who don't want them.

Plus, as long as you don't bulk email very often, I think they will be be more acceptable.

Vince

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Their will be no more emailings from me. For those that have a problem with them I am sorry. All of you enjoy this site or you would not be here. Why anyone would have a problem with someone trying to make it bigger and better is hard to understand. I get a mail box full of junk mail everyday and if I dont wont to read it I delete it. I am a sales person and I can relate to anyone trying to sell me something but this mailing was not to sell anything to anyone. It is the same old song, I want all I can get but dont want to pay anything for it. For those that have gotten very valuble info from this site and have met many new friends, remember none of it cost you a dime. I believe 99% of the members here want to give back to this site that has given them so much. Their will always be those few that want everything for nothing.:-?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts