Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hearing about the $65K price on the new Z06, I placed a call to a contact I have at Chevrolet...not a dealer, a Chevrolet VIP. Left a message on his voice mail to call me back. Well, he and I talked about 10 minutes ago, and he informed me that GM has NOT announced the C6 Z06 price to dealers. Also told me all dealers will get the price announcement at the same time, probably a month or so from now.

I trust this person, and until I hear "Officially" I am not buying into the $65,000 price...no flames please, I'm just posting what I know so far, and am still waiting for GM to announce the price before making any decisions.

Tony :usa: :usa:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I was on the phone with one of the local dealers today and they said they had no info as well. Go figure.

·
Registered
853 Posts
This thing is as wacko as Michael Jackson :jawdrop:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You do realize this is never going to end? :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
I just received the NCM eNews - June 13, 2005

"Chevy announces CXorvette Z06 0-60 mph time and base price"

"The ultimate Corvette - the 2006 Corvette Z06 - is posting numbers at the track and on the window sticker that will get attention. Chevrolet has announced that the fastest Corvette ever- the 505-horsepower Corvette Z06-will achieve 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds while still in first gear, and pricing will start at $65,800, including destination and freight charges."

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still waiting for GM to announce the price, not dealership empolyees, before I believe any price. Remember, each dealership is independently owned & operated. The sales people are employees of the dealership. No offense, to any sales people intended...just waiting for an official, confirmed price from General Motors, or Chevrolet.

Tony :) :)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Zippy said:
I'm still waiting for GM to announce the price, not dealership empolyees, before I believe any price. Remember, each dealership is independently owned & operated. The sales people are employees of the dealership. No offense, to any sales people intended...just waiting for an official, confirmed price from General Motors, or Chevrolet.

I agree.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Zippy said:

Zippy,

What relationship does the NCM have with Chevy etc??? According to their eNews (see post above) they are saying $65,800???????

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I read it from Corvette Conti aka Spitzer Chevy, where I've purchased my last two Corvettes. They are always within the top three largest volume Vette dealers each year. If they say that is the price, then I believe it.

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Zippy said:

Zip, I think Detroit is as full of :cen: as DC!!
They are playing all of the yo-yos (joeblow willing to post and repost any BS anywhere) to see the reaction!
We may be our own worst enemy!!

My .02
Ken

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tszwec said:
Zippy,

What relationship does the NCM have with Chevy etc??? According to their eNews (see post above) they are saying $65,800???????

Just checked my email, and I read the NCM info.

The NCM is NOT connected with Chevrolet, or GM. They obviously, have good relationsship with GM, but the Museum is a non profit organization that relies on contributions/donations from the Corvette community, not GM.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Thanks for the link. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
66 grand plus tax is a great price! GM outdid themselves.

This on again..off again..whats the price is and I hate to say this...DAM ANNOYING and I'm not even buying the car this year..

Great car! Great price...and for those who buy it. They are getting one hell of a CAR!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Zippy,

Your VIP buddy was just quoting the party line, but I don't think I would consider him a "good" buddy. The info was already available on the GM Media Online site when he assured you it would not be public for a month.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The party line was "pricing announced in June" so going out a month may have been misguided.

What organization was your VIP a part of?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts