Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It couldn't have been more perfect. Coming down a beautiful road in northern PA and what do I see, a GSX750R and a Harley and the guy on the GSX comes to a stop doing a front wheelie! Well all of a sudden it just happened, I nailed it in 2nd and tore away, hoping he would follow, and follow he did! We hit an open stretch and at that point I was going to third then fourth around 140 (couldn't look at speed but my son tried to look over and he said he saw it around the 140 mark) the Suzuki tried to move into the passing lane, well I wasn't going to go down easy so I kept nailing it in 4th. I kept him at bay and pulled away about 20 feet, he was fast but could not overtake me as hard as he tried. Along this drag we encountered sweeping turns and I never let up, the Z06 is everything that you would believe in handling, try sweeping turns at about 120 or 130 with a bike like that on your butt! I was amazed at the remarkable cornering at that speed! Finally I let him pass me and gave him the thumbs up, as he passed me he pulled a wheelie at about 90mph for about a quarter mile! He was a remarkable rider, he gave us a show when we pulled over. He did front wheelies and even put his feet over the bars and wheelied! He said his GSX was all tuned and ready for racing and he admitted he could not pass me, he said he never saw a car run like that. His older brother on the Harley showed up about 30 seconds after the race and said he had his bike nailed at 120 and never saw us!

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
That was a hell of a run. A friend that I work with has a Yamaha R6. He said that he might get a R1 so that he can stay 30 mph faster than me. He screwed up his ankle on his dirtbike, so no chance yet to let it happen down the highway on the way home at 1:30am. I also have a 94 BMW 540 so he cranks his R6 up to 160+ and blows by me while my limiter on my 540 holds me to 130.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some other pich from our run today, That is the Lackawana railroad bridge, supposed to be one of the wonders of the world, here is also a blurry pic of the guy with the GSX doing a wheelie!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do you mean bandwidth? Is this a very small server? There are only about 1000 members, I can't even imagine that with current technology this could be a problem, maybe I don't understand the weak links in setting this up, help educate me.

Thanks

·
Registered
396 Posts
SOme info. Providing a web sever for the site has to have a connection to the internet. They monitor this connection to see how much of it you use. a real general ex is like your phone. the more you use it the more it cost. so everytime we download a picture from Z06vette's sever its like makeing a call. the more you do it the more it cost.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Hey dude,

What kind of grass are you smokin:-? The motorcycle you are speaking of has about 3 HP per pound, and is 0 to 60 in about 2 seconds. I believe it was 2 years ago when Car and Driver did a shootout between the absolute top performing cars including a Calloway Corvette. The test was 0 to 100mph to 0. They also tested a 750 GSX-R750. Before any car had reached 100 mph, the Suzuki was already at rest!! In order for a Z06 to be in the same league, you are talking a little over 1,000 HP. Do you have a highly modified Z?

I have a Yamaha FZR 1000. While the performance of the Z06 is great, in comparison the performance of my motorcycle is simply daibolical.

Next you will be telling us that you beat Michael Schumacher's F1 car. :lol:

:bs:

·
Registered
251 Posts
All I can think of is that we are running into aerodynamics here, and sweeping curves so that this guy doesnt want to become a blood stain on the road. The machine was willing, but the human was not, im guessing :)

God knows my 600f4 is faster than my z, but, i dont think it could handle as well at speed.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I agree, I have no difficulty passing any car at virtually any speed on the bike, but I am not going to tangle with a wacky driver in a car where the 400 lb bike is at a decided disadvantage.

This summer I was going to visit a friend at his summer place up here, and I was on my bike. I came upon a C5 and a C4 following each other at about 55 to 60 MPH.

Normally I don't downshift to pass cars since the power, even in top gear, is pretty overpowering. I put it into 2nd and started to pass in case they wanted to be a little silly and not allow me to pass. They both hit it. I cracked the throttle and passed them like they were standing still. They then slowed down for a while and then came up on me pretty fast seeing if they could get the jump on me, but when they started to pass, I downshifted and cracked the throttle and they were back in the distance in a heartbeat. I think that was enough humiliation for one day. If they would have made a second run, I would have let them go by - too much humiliation isn't a good thing. :D

I don't think a lot of people with fast cars have driven superbikes, and can truly understand what awesome performance is like. When I am in the Z, I don't even think about racing sportbikes, even 600's, because I know it will be no contest.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To the "Grass Dude", all I can tell you is what happened and what the Bike Dude did and said, it is what it is, deal with it! Lets take into account that we were already rolling, not a stopped drag race! I just experienced a remarkable roll on race with a very fast bike, the flat pages of some magazine do not have the impact of an actual experience, this was a great rider of the bike also, I even have pictures to validate the experience, I imagine that in a drag race I would expect to be beaten, but you know what, my "Grass is some Smokin Weed called a Z06!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One more pic of the bike dude doing a front wheelie. Just to mention about a guy "passing a car on a bike" this biker would have done whatever to pass me, he was a real extreme rider, the whole race probably took a minute or two and he stuck at high speed on my bumper trying several passes on straights, he has no regard for any sense of safety, he was filming his stunts all day the day before his brother said. He was much crazier than I was!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The only mod I have is a Donaldson Blackwing, I think it definately payed off in the top end rpm range, the car pulled extremely hard in 4th gear at around 5k rpm!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts