Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I started looking for a C6 Z06, I visited lots of dealership. Just happen to be in Atlanta area and got to visit Maxie Price.

1st experience: Spoke with a sales person which he immediately got a sales manager. Told him I had a GMS discount but he said I was unable to use it. Before I left since we couldn't agree on a price, he said that he would call someone in GM to see what he can do since I was able to obtain a quote online and have an authorization code. I told him I worked overnight and he can call me 8AM. This was back in Oct 07...guess what? Still no call. Did PM Steve Tillman and asked him about it. Said would get back to me...still no response.

2nd experience: Few months go by, still looking. Found two possible cars. Local dealer had a MSO 06 Z06 and Maxie Price has an 07 with only 8xx miles on it. Called up, talked to Matt. Only question I had for him, how much for the car? As they website said: call for price. Did not tell him about a trade...nothing...just the asking price. Looked at his book, said that he didn't have the price and will call me back. Off the phone 11:02 A.M. At 12:10 P.M. same day, called and left a message for Steve for the same info. Guess what? Still no call.

So I'm guessing that Maxie Price must be moving some cars and doesn't need any business.

BTW, called the local dealer (same day waiting on Maxie Price) and they actually answered the phone, gave me a price on their car and sealed the deal that same day :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Good for you. Some of these dealers just didn't get the memo! They expect everyone to still jump and make an impulse buy. If you check the corvette locator there are alot of Z's out there. Best of luck, you'll always enjoy getting it your way!

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
The local dealership where I buy all of my vette has treated me good so far. Well, I guess I can say, I've treated them good so far. Now, lets see what they do for me with this ZR1.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good for you. Some of these dealers just didn't get the memo! They expect everyone to still jump and make an impulse buy. If you check the corvette locator there are alot of Z's out there. Best of luck, you'll always enjoy getting it your way!
sad part is that I bought my car from H.R.M. Autos...which is an independent dealer. Let me know if you are interested in a 07 Z06, blk on blk nav chrome, 6xx. They got one on the lot when I got mine and I'm sure they'll give you a price and call ya back...but for now, I'm celebrating my new Z06 :drunken: (no drinking or driving though).

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The local dealership where I buy all of my vette has treated me good so far. Well, I guess I can say, I've treated them good so far. Now, lets see what they do for me with this ZR1.
I'm sure they will because there's always another dealer somewhere else.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Good deal. It's the way I like to do business too. Some just don't know how to do business.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good deal. It's the way I like to do business too. Some just don't know how to do business.
nope...good thing is that I know there won't be a 3rd experience from them. I'll take my money somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
And the really good thing at this particular time, is ALL dealers HAVE TO sell you a new Z06 (if they still have any leftover '08s) for basically at wholesale because of the GM Employee Pricing sales promotion. This is a total no-brainer time to buy your dream Corvette. :yeadog:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I work at a dealership and that is the biggest no no ever always get the custoer what they need and alway I mean always call them back asap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts