Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Congratulations to Justin Bell on Winning the Houston TRANSAM race.:cheers:

It was a very exciting race. :cool: Justin, undoubtedly had the loudest car on the track. You could tell when he was comin' down the back straight from anywhere on the course. After starting sixth, he held out at fourth and third positions for a while. Then with about 15 laps to go there was a caution which reeled in the Qvale Mangusta of Brian Simo who led nearly the whole race (he had a 13 sec lead on second place Johnny Miller at one point :eek: ).

With four laps to go Justin passed Johnny Miller and pulled away easily. On the lap 58 of 60 Justin then passed Simo. Simo mounted a charge on lap 59 but failed.:roll: :p With the last back straight left, Justin hit the accelerator like there was a naked Bud girl at the end of it.:cheers:

Congratulations again to Justin Bell (His second win in a row).:D :cool: :cheers:

Also, Gil de Ferran dominated the CART race from start to finish. Dario Franchitti drove an excellent race to place second.

I will post pics as soon as I get some time.

This is a link for the official SCCA TRANSAM Series write up:
http://www.trans-amseries.com/2001/houston/racestory.html

It has more detail than my write up.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Congrats to JB & his team!!!!

Excellent write up, thanks for sharing with us! :cheers:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Congratulations JB!! :cheers: :guiness: :D :D Now if only your driving school can teach a little of that to an old dog!! :D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
This has certainly been Corvette's year - and it's about time!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts