Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from the C5 Registry Birthday Bash and am very tired, but wanted to post a kwik note before hitting the sack.

Attended the Justin Bell (ex-Factory C5R Driver) seminar at the BB and was so impressed by his presentation/description of his Z06 Driving school that I decided right there and then to attend his school...later, at the dinner/award banquet I found out he offered a 3 day class certificate as fund raiser item for the NCM! Ok, so here's how the drama (my definition) unfolds: I patiently wait and watch as numerous other great, and sometimes, one-of-a-kind, items go up for bid. Dan Adovasio (founder of the C5 Registry) announces the certificate "up for bid!" I watch and I wait, as the bidding heats up, slows down and almost stops....."Who bids $3,000?" Going once, going twice.....BAM, Zippy steps in and bids $3000. Ok, now we get serious! Bidding is down to the 'ol Zipster, and someone way across the room. Now, remember I WANT this, plus, it helps the non-profit NCM. Bidding continues as I lose track of where the bid is at because I am distracted by people at my table, and I am having trouble hearing Dan!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif Someome says the bid is mine at $4,000, do I want to bid that amount or not? I shake my head "no" to the spotter, and it goes to someone else at something around $32-3300. SOLD! All Gone. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif It's over. Remember, I am under the false notion that the bid was at $4,000! Yes, I would have continued bidding at the $3200-$3300 level. Oh, well, I blew it! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

M

·
0 Posts
I was right next to Zippy...he was NOT a happy camper!!!

I also dod not win my bid on the original John Cafaro designed Dash Plaque with many signatures...

I dropped out at $975.

Zippy, it was great to meet you and I can't wait to see you at the next event!

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts