Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody out there running a K&N filter with a stock 02 filter housing? Did you notice any improvement? Has anybody dyno'd to see what the HP improvement is? I know the T1 claims 16 more HP and was wondering how much of an improvement you can get from just a K&N filter over the stock paper filter. Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hello,

I just was looking at that filter in the Mid America catalog and it stated 3 to 5hp increase.Has anybody dyno'd this mod? Greg.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I received an e-mail from K&N a couple weeks ago and they said I would get about a 2-3% increase in HP on the filter alone.

I'm installing a open (modified) intake box cover and K&N filter (#33-2111) on my 02 as soon as I get them.

I know from previous K&N filters I've used the cars always breathed better then stock filters.

You can't go wrong getting a K&N intake filter. It's really cheap hp for the bucks.

:guiness:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I have a K&N filter in my modified (big hole in front...hole on right...soon to be hole on left) 01 airbox front cover. going to dyno on saturday. will let ya know. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
george said:
I received an e-mail from K&N a couple weeks ago and they said I would get about a 2-3% increase in HP on the filter alone.
That would translate to 8 to 12 FWHP on a 2002 ... seems alittle lofty for just a filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts