Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of my 02 ZO6 today. Does anyone have any experience with simply replacing the factory air filter with a K&N. Several threads are discussing lean fuel conditions at WOT after modifying the intake and the potential warranty issue. I have two 89 20th Anniverary Trans Am's that I have done quite a few mods to that satisfy my need for radical 1/4 mile performance, no warranty issues here. I plan to keep the Z basically stock and have some fun at track days at Road Atlanta and Little Talladega. Although I would like to clean up the breathing just a tad with a K&N if the PCM can deal with it.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
KN Filter

Part # 33-211 is a direct replacement for the stock element.

1. You have to apply a self adhesive foam gasket (included) to the bottom of the air box

2. The KN is thinner and allows more prefilter space in the stock air box

www.knfilters.com

I have called Holley but they do not have an application as yet
The Holley's are supposed to be even less resrictive and the filter oil is supposed to be more friendly to the sensors.

www.holley.com

I am going to measure my KN today and see if I can compare the demensions to an already exsisting Holley "Power Shot" element. I will keep everyone informed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K&N

Do any of the forum vendors sell the K&N filter? I am surprised that the Chevy dealers give Vett owners trouble about voiding the warranty for minor bolt on mods. I belong to the Georgia F-Body Association and many of our members have extensive bolt on mods to both Camaro's and Firebirds and haven't had any major warranty hassels.

Dave

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Re: K&N

dfunde01 said:
Do any of the forum vendors sell the K&N filter? I am surprised that the Chevy dealers give Vett owners trouble about voiding the warranty for minor bolt on mods. I belong to the Georgia F-Body Association and many of our members have extensive bolt on mods to both Camaro's and Firebirds and haven't had any major warranty hassels.

Dave

We sure do. Check us out by clicking the www.c5store.com banner at the left, just under the Z06Vette.com and Justin Bell banners.

The filter is in "Under the Hood" along with a ton of other good stuff.

In stock and shipping today if you place your order by 2-3pm EST.

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
The C5store only lists one filter for 97-02 C5 vettes. I thought the 02 Z06 had a different airbox. Is this the correct filter for the 02 Z06?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Subdriver said:
The C5store only lists one filter for 97-02 C5 vettes. I thought the 02 Z06 had a different airbox. Is this the correct filter for the 02 Z06?
The airbox itself may be different, but I am pretty sure that the filter itself is the same part number. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have an 01 Z06. I went from an average 1/4 mile trap speed of 113.5mph to 114.5mph, just dropping in a K&N Panel filter.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
normjack said:
I have an 01 Z06. I went from an average 1/4 mile trap speed of 113.5mph to 114.5mph, just dropping in a K&N Panel filter.
That's pretty good - more than I would expect actually. That equates to roughly a 10 RWHP gain (give or take depending on lots of factors).

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The only change to the 02 air box is the size of the opening in front. The 33-2111 will work fine. I ran a best of 115.97 with this filter and 01 box, will install 02 cover for spring. Use the gasket that comes with it, better safe than sorry. Ric

·
Registered
231 Posts
The K&N 33-2111 will work fine..it was the first mod i did to my 02 ZO6.fit was tight with gasket ..intake currently up-dated to T-1 Sidewinder:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts