Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took this from the board I'm usually on...ls1tech.com, it originated on corvetteforum

Looking good, and I love what I hear :D

With 8.0 compression (for pump gas), it made 701HP at 6500 and an incredible 672 ft. lbs. of torque at 3000 with a mere 13 psi of boost. Estimates with 20 psi producing an easy 850HP on this motor which utilizes 60lb injectors, AFR heads and cams and FAST throttle body.

There will be no backward mount Kenne Bell supercharger kits for any GM engine, whether it be Corvette, GTO, Street Rod or Off Road. And Kenne Bell re-designed the supercharger to produce even more low and mid range power without sacrificing top end. Unfortunately, this extends the kit delivery date to November 1st. Sorry Guys, but this will put an end to the "Magnuson makes as much low end...blah blah blah".

There is NO boost "drop off" at any boost level from the huge 2.4L Twin Screw, which has up to 30% lower air charge temp and parasitic loss than a Roots type supercharger. A boost/pulley upgrade from 6-20 psi in 2 psi increments takes only 3 minutes. The big HP potential can be further enhanced by upgrading to a 90mm FAST LS2 throttle body as the hi-flo manifold is designed to accept a stock or aftermarket throttle body. No other upgrades are necessary.

The fuel system includes billet fuel rails, Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP™ (dropping the tank to install a larger pump is not necessary) and 42lb injectors. This gets you to 600RWHP.

All other necessary components including the Kenne Bell Corvette style hood, re-calibrated ECM and 800HP Cool Air Kit are included in the kit which will be available in polished or black satin.

KB's goal was always to engineer a kit with the most HP and torque while providing the ultimate in upgrade potential and flexibility for both street and race applications.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362816

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
AWWWW YYEEAAAHHH!!! :jammin:

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
DAMN! Is that what we all be hearing about and waiting for all this time? That is one sweet looking blower. Ummm...I see $ $ $ in my future going BYE BYE.....Oh wait, that is AS I SPEAK!

·
Registered
779 Posts
It is so damn beautiful. Damn sucker got more displacement those most ricemobiles out there..haha

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hmm... I'd like to se how much this is going to cost. If it's anything like the kit for the 03/04 cobras it will be well within my budget.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Awesome set-up, can we get a price check?
:cheers:
Mike

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Well, the current GM kits are $4100 for the 4.8, 5.4, & 6.0 liter LS engines. They are the Non-Intercooled versions.

The GM 8.1 liter truck motor is $4150 for the Non-Intercooled version.

Based off of these figures... the guesstimates of $7000 don't seem to far off.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yea, you have to remember the KB for the cobra's reuses the stock intercooler setup I believe so this is going to cost more. But I did read some where it is going to be 6000 for everything.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Wow, thats a nice kit. I would definetely do the bottom end along with it. If I got the $$ later on this year Id certainly consider getting it if those claims are for real, Id like to see a pic of the provided hood too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
With 700 - 800 HP, won't you need to rebuild the motor and beef up the rear end? Total cost may be more when it is all said and done. :cry:

·
Registered
752 Posts
That is one awesome looking piece. :yeadog:

Now we need some pictures of the product installed in a C5 plus some dyno charts. Bet that torque curve looks like a table-top....a tall table-top :coo:

·
Registered
184 Posts
FL Bowtie said:
With 700 - 800 HP, won't you need to rebuild the motor and beef up the rear end? Total cost may be more when it is all said and done. :cry:
Yep -- from everything I've read, 550 is the max the bottom end can handle.

However -- that's with 15+ psi of boost. The killer thing would be to get the 6 psi pulley in one step...then worry about the bottom end in the next step.

The only thing I don't like about the vette Blowzilla is the hood required (which is evidently taller than a maggy) -- not a fan of huge scoopy hoods. Love that sexy dip between the fenders.

John.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
DELLZ06 said:
Yep -- from everything I've read, 550 is the max the bottom end can handle.

However -- that's with 15+ psi of boost. The killer thing would be to get the 6 psi pulley in one step...then worry about the bottom end in the next step.

The only thing I don't like about the vette Blowzilla is the hood required (which is evidently taller than a maggy) -- not a fan of huge scoopy hoods. Love that sexy dip between the fenders.

John.

Ditto. If it fit under my MCM S/C hood I would have given the KB some more consideration. However, pics of the very tall hood that is required for the KB were a total turn-off for me. personally. :( So, I will stay on course for building a N/A 427...

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
This is great and all but I wish the time was spent on making it for a C6. This should have come out sooner for the C5. Going to be alot of missed sales.:(

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Z06Dad said:
This is great and all but I wish the time was spent on making it for a C6. This should have come out sooner for the C5. Going to be alot of missed sales.:(

I echo your sentiments of wishing the release were sooner, but your idea of doing the C6 first is wrong. The C5 has been produced for 7 years, and many thousands of C5 Corvettes are a huge potential customer base, whereas, the C6 is brand new, and in very small numbers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts