Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What conditioners or what not do you guys use? I see some of you use the Zaino stuff, anyone else? Thanks!

Daniel

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I use the Leatherique cleaner and conditioner with good results. :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've been in the horse world most of my life and we use Lexol.
Tony #54

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
I've always used Lexol - on all leather goods. It works.

·
Registered
475 Posts
My drivers seat (mod red) seemed to be collecting dirt in the creases. I tried a light blue colored gel made by McGuire's. I applied it with a sponge and elbow grease, cleaned right up. Wiped it off and applied McGuire's conditioner.

Chas.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Lexol :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Zaino's Leather in a Bottle is good for cleaning and conditioning. I have used it for years and my seats look like new. The new leather smell could be overpowering at times if you are sensitive to such things.

D.J.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
MilYel01Z said:
Where can i get Lexol at?
In this area I usually see it in AutoZone, Advanced Auto Parts, PEP Boys, Trak auto,

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
MilYel01Z said:
Where can i get Lexol at?
In Houston, any tack/saddle store

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Adam's Car Care leather conditioner...best around and I've tried Zaino, Meguiars, etc

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I cleaned my leather last night.
I used Lexol Leather Cleaner followed by Lexol Leather Conditioner. It made a huge difference (I hadn't "cleaned" it in over a year and it's my daily driver). I think there is a visable difference - and my Vette Essentials leather feels like butter again!! Unfortunately after cleaning it really points out the difference between the VE leather and the stock.

I got my Lexol at either walmart or the autoparts store.

chris

·
Registered
168 Posts
There are alot of falicies floating around about leather care in vehicle's. Saddle soap and oils is one of them. This is NOT what you want to put on leather seats in a car. Lexol is "ok", Zaino, well, I wouldn't flush that stuff into my septic system. Get some leatherique and be done with it. Go to thier site and then call them to learn a bit about their product. It will enlighten you.

http://www.leatherique.com/

http://www.leatherique.org/

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Griots leather care :thumb:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
After you have tried them all............I recommend ArmorAll Leather Care. This one product does it all-Cleans, Conditions & Protects and yes it does have UV Protection. As a bonus your "Z" will smell like a new car inside.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just got a ton of diff view points. Some people say yes to Meguires, then no, some yes to Lexol, some no. I have no clue what to get now! I guess ill stop by Wal Mart and the Autoparts store and see what they have in stock.

Daniel

1 - 20 of 23 Posts