Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Kill Stories (Like 'em or not?)

• I love kill stories and want to see more.

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • No kill stories please, I think it may offend others.

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • I don't give a rats ass either way.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No stories, it wastes the moderators time, wastes bandwidth, and slows the forum software when the e

Votes: 12 16.2%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I posted a kill story and didn't realize this forum frowned on them because of "non-Z-Bro's" taking offense. :(

Sorry guys, I happen to love kill stories and agree with others that we'd like to see them. Let's see what the sentiment is out there.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I have been on this Forum for 4 or 5 months now and don`t know what a kill story is so I would think their would be more out their like me.:-?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
thx2.net said:
A while back I posted a kill story and didn't realize this forum frowned on them because of "non-Z-Bro's" taking offense. :(

thx2net, the problem has not been offending someone. The problem has been that the owner of a particular vehicle that was 'killed' will come over and start flame wars, spam, etc. along with a bunch of their forum brothers.

rick, a kill story is when guy in car brand x beats car brand y in some kind of competition. Ususlly street racing :eek:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I voted no... but not for same reason as poll stated... I am not that concerned that posting a kill story will offend Y vehicle owners in general... but rather that there is little point to the story. X car beat Y car.... ok was X driver driving both? :roll: Did they try all combinations of racing (drag .. course .. etc)? There are just too many factors involved to brag about anything...

If someone raced me in a 1/2 decent accord right now they would probably win... why? No skill (yet). So they could go post on their board how they blew a Z06 away blah blah blah... Big F deal :)

So if you are bragging about having mucho better skill then you are directly offending someone, not their car. If you go run quarters with different cars and different setups for a Z and have facts for it I am all FOR that.

Peace :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm one that doesn't give a rats ass. I very seldom read kill stories anyway unless I hear they are getting out of hand.

Just my $.02, let the poll continue and give the members what they want.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
My flame suit is on so let me have it but.......street racing KILLS and it could be my family you killed and that would be wrong!!! However, being a egotisical MAN, I like reading about how a car I own beat out another brand, period! SO, if we were to word our stories to read like they happened on the track rather than on the street, who would object to that?????? Hey, tell your story but word it safely:)D ) and we will all enjoy the kill with you! :cheers: Bill

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I think there are many variables, but the one thing about kill stories is anyone can write one - whether it's fiction or non-fiction.

If they are well written (thriller, drama, suspense, etc) they are enjoyable to read. Regardless if they were on a track or not, true or false, exagerated or whatever.... most people with fast cars compete in some way and would like to share the experience. Let's get real.

I agree with Lawboy a "kill section" for kill threads would be fun reading for those that wanted to and fun posting for those interested in sharing.

Ice: As far as different variables are concerned, I think we all agree your comment is true, but you have to take a kill story in the spirit it was written. Hence my "who gives a rats ass" vote above. Seems that should have been your vote :D If someone beat me in a 1/2 decent accord right now, I'd have to have a flat or something I think :p and it would most likely be a great story for the accord and I would even enjoy reading about that.

I don't care if the kill story was a "killed" story.... It goes both ways.
It's just I haven't seen too many Z Bro's post..
"An Accord Kicked My Ass" :lol:

my .02 FWIW...
This is a great site and I think a "kill or killed" section would be a welcome addition.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey,

Everyone is getting this all blown out of proportion.

Have you ever seen us lock down a kill story?? NO!!

Has anyone been banned over a kill story?? NO!!

Have there been kill stories on this forum in the past?? DUH!! :roll:

Geez guys, we may frown on them, but we have never done anything about them. :roll:

Let's not let this thread get out of hand over something that has never happen.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
fcalmes said:
I'm one that doesn't give a rats ass. I very seldom read kill stories anyway unless I hear they are getting out of hand.

Just my $.02, let the poll continue and give the members what they want.
I agree 150%! :cool: Fubu/Les

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Kill stories are to car guys like fishing stories are to fishermen. Harmless and entertaining as long as they're kept civil and clean. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Lawboy: Actually what I was referring to at the track/strip was regarding ONE driver racing in different cars and times. Yes I am interested in the capabilities of different cars.
Sorry if I sounded a little irrate... but I get "stories" from other friends of mine... the last was how he blew a Z away on the course by more that 3 seconds... in his accord. He didn't phrase this as "I beat the owner of a Z06" but "I Beat THE Z06 nah nah nah"

:lol:

I love watching racing for the skill especially Z's as I have some understanding of what they are capable of and how close that driver gets out there. I appreciate your 12.1 best time as a statement of skill.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Manatee said:
Kill stories are to car guys like fishing stories are to fishermen. Harmless and entertaining as long as they're kept civil and clean. :)
Wish I said that :D ... good analogy ;)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Street racing stories are like fishing stories - it depends on who's telling the story as to who got the biggest WON. Street races are not fair contests - cheating is OK!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Having seen many other sites with kill stories I must say that the Zo6 crowd is probably most classy and mature of all. However I don’t think that class and maturity should prohibit one from enjoying stories about the car's performance in races. If you spend enough time looking at these kill stories from different forums you will soon see that the Zo6 in the bench mark from which many people measure their sports car's performance. The Z is the quintessential sports car of the new millennium. I think it is man’s primal instinct to be competitive and powerful. I think kill stories stimulate this instinct without having to actually go out to races.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Kill stories

Whatever....................:roll:

Personally, I think the reason this forum is more respectful, and mature, is that WE are...................BOTH.

Sreet racing, is (flame suit on) not very respectful, and surely NOT mature.......IMHO

Folks these are public thorough fares..............and even speeding ( alone), is to be done with UTMOST caution.........i.e. not especially reccommended.

The main reason ( I do like contests of speed), I don't particularly care for them on the street.....is they really serve NO purpose.........as there are WAY too many NOS, and Power Adder auto's on the roads..........for you to know WHAT it was exactly BEAT you, or vice versa......

At least on the strip, track.........you KNOW.

But, stories about them.........I can take or leave.......no big deal........I will just never be part of one............(Street).:)

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
If you guys are good maybe JC will let me moderate a kill section.
:lol: :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
part of being on this site is to have fun, kill storys are fun to read. i would never do anything to hurt anyone on the highway, but i will drive my Z fast, road or traffic conditions will dictate how fast! speed doesn,t kill stupid drivers do, lightin up guys :roll:

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Of all the analogy's I can think of, the one that comes to mind is "Don't shit where you eat". Read below:

Here's what happens:

1. <insert stupid foreign car name here> driver gets pissed and invites his buddies.
2. They jack the member count by 10 to post one post each.
3. We delete.
4. They post again.
5. We delete.
6. They send us nasty emails.

Then then do one of two things. Bombard the server with requests in an attempt to bring it down. They get on the search page and attempt to crash the forum.

Both of the above are unsuccessful but they manage to waste LOTS of bandwidth (that costs lots of money) and slow the forum down with all the bogus requests.....

The last time this happened I got flooded with emails and spent 2 days cleaning up the membership database from all of their attacks and bogus users. But the forum stayed clean. We we to just let it pile up, this place would soon be out of control and headed down the path of some other sites....

I don't have 40 hours a week to deal with this nonsense when I could be doing other things like programming member locators or other cool stuff.

If you saw what we had to deal with, this poll would have never even started. Do us and the members a favor, trust us and vote no.

JC

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I didn't relize all the problems behind the scenes JC.
It's not worth it.
Sorry guys no kill section.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts