Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising El Camino in Northern CA between Palo Alto and San Mateo. The traffic was reasonably heavy, and no real open road.

I was following a fox body mustang, biding my time and waiting for an opportunity to run him from a light. I was almost all the way back to San Mateo when the light in front of me changed. I braked and pulled up to the light, but the stang driver floored it and went on through. Damn!

Well now the road was finally open, and I felt the need for speed. The light went green and I pulled away, not hard enough to break traction, and then dropped the hammer. I shifted in to second and then let off.

Then I check my rear view mirror, and see a cop bike catching me up with lights flashing.
He must have rolled up behind me while I was waiting for the light to change. Caught fair and square, it was only a matter of time. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

So I pull over stop, and switch off the engine. Then I realize that I've got the nitrous bottle valve open and the heater
on, getting ready for a nitrous burst later. (I made a few tweaks to my set up, and I wanted to try it out!) /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif I quickly
close my ashtray cover to conceal the switch panel before the officer approaches.

Anway, the officer leans in to my open window and says, "YUP, IT CAN ACCELERATE PRETTY GOOD!". I almost cracked up!!!

He then shows me a radar reading of me going 51 mph (35 mph limit). He said that he was sure I was going faster, but his radar takes a little time to take a reading, and I had let off by the time he zapped me, so I was getting the benefit of the doubt! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

He eventually gave me a citation for 51 in a 35. I was quite suprised, because my driving record is (or was) perfect, and he didn't seem very upset with me. I was VERY polite and courteous.

Ah well, he didn't write me up for no front plate, and I was going WOT! I just felt more stupid than anything because it was the ONLY time I had got on the car all day! :rolleyes:
Traffic school here I come...

·
Registered
680 Posts
Evil, your right, Instant On Sucks the big one. If I was you I would STILL buy one, It has kept my record clean for years!:D

·
Registered
0 Posts
I ALWAYS hire a lawyer when I get a ticket for a moving violation. They can arrange to have the ticket reduced to a non-moving violation or they can get you into driving school. I haven't had any points on my record for over 30 years, but I've had my share of tickets. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Fight the ticket you have nothing to lose, only a few percent fight their tickets, the cop may not show up or he may lower the speed on the ticket, always fight every ticket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts