Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
King Z is down.

In short, I felt the car stuttering at lower rpms(800-1300) as if i had a cam. It didnt happen all the time or frequent enough to be a real problem, just a rare occurrence.

Yesterday it rained real hard. I drove through a few puddles and suddenly the stuttering became more pronounced. The check engine light started flashing and the motor started making werid noises that i cant describe. I didnt capture any codes. I drove catiously and slowly back home. I waited the storm out and took the car for a spin and nothign was wrong.

Today i took it out and when the car was cold there was a little of that stuttering and motor noises again. That went away as soon as i started moving.

Something i noticed was that whenever the rpms climbs the car feels normal again. I also felt there was a noticeable lag between when i squeeze the pedal and the car actually moving. That usually happens when i am partially on the throttle(say about 10% in) It was as if i was driving with the intake pulled off. I checked that and that shouldnt be the problem.

2002 Z06 Lg headers(no cats) Halltech TRAP but no tunning and no other performance mods.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Water entering the filter may be some of the problem, if it's the bottom feeding type. It's more likely spark plug wire related, though. Check your wires for tightness, and proximity to your headers.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I am leaning towards headers/exhaust. I recall something like this happening to my '97 Cobra. Turned out i had a loose exhaust.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drove the car in the rain prior to the problem and never had this issue. I know that doesnt mean much becuase everytime ur in the rain with this filter the chances of picking up water are the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts