Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Kirban Shifter for Christmas. I want to install it right the first time so I am asking for any things you learned that you wished you did or you did and are glad you did when you installed yours. Thanks!!:-?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
- Lay down a decent bead of silicone between the base and tranny.
- DON'T drop any bolts down into the tranny tunnel!
- Find a nice lake or other body of water nearby, and huck the stock knob and its damn pin into it.
- See if someone can tell you which side of the base's stick you're supposed to mount the top (threaded) stick (I couldn't figure that out).

Good luck!

-Kirk

·
Registered
19 Posts
-Go out and buy some Dynomat or Sunami sound suppression material. It's available at any car stereo store.
-Make sure you form a good seal with the silicone between the base of the shifter and the tranny.
-Make sure you properly adjust the stops. Do not move the stops in too far as this will cause a loud vibration during WOT.
-Make sure everything is TIGHT. Especially the stops and the shaft (2-piece). BTW, mount the top piece of the shifter on the driver's side of the base.
-Place several layers of the sound suppression material over the base of the shifter, UNDER the stock rubber boot. Cutting out a hole around the shaft to allow for shifts.
-Make sure you buy a solid shift knob, preferably one which screws all the way down on the shaft. I use a Hardbar.

If everything is tight (shift stops and 2-piece shaft), you used enough Dynomat ( I recommend at least four layers), and your knob is solid and screwed tightly down, your new shifter should be almost as quiet as the stock shifter. Give the shifter a little time to break in and you will absolutely love the feel.

If after you install the shifter, you're still experiencing allot of noise, e-mail me, maybe I'll be able to help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts