Corvette Z06 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
LS6Vdrive said:
Question: If I'm mounting the engine backwards in a v-drive boat, do they design an oil pan that's different or can the LS6 oil pan be modded?

I'm told the trap doors would be facing the wrong way for my application
A few years ago when the ZR1 came out they put it's engine in a boat. It was not worth the cost of making it marine worthy. And if I remember correctly that it had no performance gain over existing boat engines of the same size. Boats need low end torque and car engines do not develop much torque in the low rpm range. Get yourself a 8.1 Mercruiser and put a blower on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
AND ... if you're getting flat bedded ... MAKE SURE THE driver either removes the HOOK or locates it ahead of the Oil Pan. Our know-it-all driver didn't, and when we hit a bump, the hook got driven into the oil pan!!! :flaming:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I read through all of the comments, but I have a question along the same line and that is: I was recently at a dealership for an oil change when the rep came out and told me that I have leaking gaskets around the oil pan. I had him show me and it did appear to have oil on the outside of the pan. Does it seem strange that a 2006 Z06 with barely over 15,000 miles should have such leaks ? Now I do occasionally track the car (auto crossing, road courses) but that is it. Any comments ?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts