Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy that turned me onto the Z I bought, had an experience that we should all heed.......

He & a bud who owns a Viper.................were racing in an area (at night) neither were familiar with.........NOT smart.

Luckily, this has a happy ending........very luckily:eek:

They were running side by side, and were at around 140..........WHEN, uh-oh there's a curve..................
AH /TC OFF..................

He tries to correct, goes into a slide...........hits the curb, and spins wildly out of control for what seems eternity........
Luck, the area they were racing in, was a under development home pad site edition..........no pads, no homes, no cars.......

Well, he ruined all 4 rims and tires............5k worth, and the impact of the rear of the Z hitting the curb PRIOR to jumping it......cracked the left rear fender well over the tire......

Miraculously he drove it out of the field......and went home.......car wobbling like a drunk.

At 140 mph, no one dead, no one injured.......all because of DARK, no AH/TC, and not KNOWING what was ahead.......and very pee poor judgement.
A miracle he lived to tell the story.............: :bang:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Thank the Lord!!!

Man, was he ever lucky! :eek2: :bang: :crazy:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
At least nothing happened to him physically. He must be kicking himself now over the damage. How about the Viper any damage?

carzzy

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Viper

No damage......was behind:D ( ONE time he was glad!!).
Just darn lucky there was a HUGE field, I can't imagine how many times he went in 360's before coming to a stop........
These guy's regularly race, and the stock Z will keep up with the Viper, and even outrun him for most of the time in the 1/4...................

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Happy to hear no one was hurt, that had to be one hell of a ride during that spin! :eek:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Show us some pictures so we can all :puke:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts