Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just returned from a well known high end shock company that we are co-developing a C5 DOUBLE adjustable (separate compression and bump adjusters), non-canister shock with.

As a baseline, we tested some "race" valved Bilsteins and double adjustable Koni's. The yellow is the "Race" valved Bilstien (and is hard to see I know) and the rest are the Koni's at various settings. Clearly, the Bilstein is very, very underdamped for a T1 application, especially on compression (lower half of plot) and so is the Koni but less so. In fact, the Bilstein is underdamped for even stock Z06 springs on a track (and I emphasize THE TRACK). I actually have the plots out to 10 in/sec, but most of the time 4.0 in/sec or less is what the car "feels". I have no idea how the single adjustable Koni's would test, but they are about 1 inch longer and are really not suitable for lowered/race use.

Once they are introduced, I will post some more info (and will be a supporting vendor on this forum as well) about the new shocks!

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the extended plot out to 10 in/sec. Keep in mind, 10 in/sec is like hitting a deep pothole and not all the relavent. I did not do the fronts yet, but will. The rears are the biggest challenge since they are layed over so much and have a geometry that makes them lose force as the suspension travels up, whereas the fronts are more conventional. I am working to get a set of the Penske singles.
Since I am not a supporting vendor on THIS forum, I am not saying whay I am doing this, but I am confident you will all be interested later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts