Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kumho 712 ECSTA Supra tires 275/35 ZR-18’s ??

I've seen these tires advertised recently; I have absolutely no experience when it comes to tires so any advice is appreciated.

What should I look for in fit, use. My Z06 is a daily driver and I want to keep the stock rims.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Kevin.... why the 275/35/18's? :-?

I am assuming we are talking about the rears which are 295/35/18's.

Anyway..... the Kumho is probably one of the least expensive tires out there in the replacement market. It's not a 'bad' tire but is no where near as sticky as the F1 SC's on dry pavement. Also.... you can count on more road noise with the Kumho's.

If you're on a strict budget..... the Kumho might not be a bad idea.
If not..... I would consider some other options.

Hope this helps you some..... :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
MiZ06 said:
Kumho 712 ECSTA Supra tires 275/35 ZR-18’s ??

I've seen these tires advertised recently; I have absolutely no experience when it comes to tires so any advice is appreciated.

What should I look for in fit, use. My Z06 is a daily driver and I want to keep the stock rims.

Stay with your stock 295/35/18yr's and go TOYO Proxes T1-S

You will never look back..........Sorry GoodYear Fans!

www.tirenet.com

or Just call John at 1-888-261-9566

They saved me $400.00 over my ONLY local access for Toyo's

:D PS....Tire Rack, and Discount DO NOT carry them

Attachments

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks guys.

The reason for my questions was simply I saw an ad for a set of four Kumhos. I'll be buying another set of tires this spring and am looking around for a set of perfomance tires that I can drive everyday. I'm satisfied with the Goodyears, but if there is something equal to or better than the F1's then I may switch.

And since I really know nuttin :) I thought I would start asking for your opinions and advice.

·
Registered
467 Posts
FWIW... the Toyo Proxes T1-S is turning out to be a decent road-race tire too! The SPeedvision GT guys use it... and are reporting only being ~4 sec slower than hoosiers! :eek:

http://www.treadepot.com carries Toyo's

295/35/18 - $260
265/40/17 - $168

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Dreamin said:
FWIW... the Toyo Proxes T1-S is turning out to be a decent road-race tire too! The SPeedvision GT guys use it... and are reporting only being ~4 sec slower than hoosiers! :eek:

http://www.treadepot.com carries Toyo's

295/35/18 - $260
265/40/17 - $168
If that pricing is current that is the best price I have seen. I just ordered mine and they were $960.00 shipped to the west coast.

What did they want for shipping???

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Beleive it or not, they are quiet :eek: :eek: :eek: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the Proxes S/T 275/60-16 on my 97 Dakota they ride great and are very quiet.

The T 1S will definitely be my chose when it comes time for new street tires on
the Z .:cheers:

·
Registered
25 Posts
AgentZ06 said:
Kevin.... why the 275/35/18's? :-?

.....you can count on more road noise with the Kumho's.

Yikes! I didn't think there could be a noisier tire than the F1SCs - at least on concrete interstates at speed...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Rollin Black said:
Z0000006 how are these bad boys in the wet?

SWEET with a capital S

They channel water like CRAZY! I have a friend who has them on his BMW, and all he can do is rave about them.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts