Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Z06vette.com Members,

We just installed a Halltech TRIC system on our 2002 Z06 and it made the car come alive! The difference is amazing!!!! After driving the Z06, all I can say is WOW!!!

For any of you that have been looking for the ideal cold air intake system to install, the Halltech is the only cold air intake we endorse and use ourselves.

I guess you can say that Halltech Intakes are the official cold air intake of the LAPD's CODE 3 Racing Team.

They are the best quality cold air intakes that provide one of the best performance gains we have seen so far.

Just thought we would let you know how much of an improvement it made on a bone stock 2002 Z06!

Thanks Jim!

Shawn

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I am interested in a group purchase on the Brey-Krause fire extinguisher mount as seen on another forum.....I will buy one if you offer the same deal here.....Thanks!

Zippy :z: :z:

311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zippy,

If anyone is interested in a GP on Brey-Krause products on this forum, we will go ahead and honor the pricing that we have listed on the other forum.

Thanks!

Shawn

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Fire Extinguisher bracket

I am sure BK does a much better job than I could, but I made my own bracket out of a 2" piece of flat aluminum. Took at little time to make the bends right but it works. I put a 5lb unit on the floor and a 2.5lb unit on the roll bar..was at the track once when a Camaro backfired and caught fire. My 2.5lb unit almost didnt put the fire out, so a 5lb should be considered MINIMUM size.. IMO.:guiness:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Do you use your own air bridge or Halltechs'?

311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ddle,

On our 2002 Z06, we used the full Halltech TRIC including the carbon fiber MAG which is Halltech's carbon fiber airbridge.

We didn't want to chop up the kit.

It looks awesome under the hood also.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
That's a pretty subjective evaluation. Do you have dyno numbers, before/after?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Jerry Velders said:
That's a pretty subjective evaluation. Do you have dyno numbers, before/after?

I'll second that.The package sounds interesting buy dyno numbers are proof in the pudd'in.G

·
Registered
620 Posts
"They are the best quality cold air intakes that provide one of the best performance gains we have seen so far". QUOTE

I am a little confused by this statement. "The intake provides ONE of the best performance gains we have seen so far".
What are the other intakes that were tested? Or does that mean one of the best performance gains we have seen on any mods?

Sorry, I just do not have any confidence in SOTP evaluating.
Show us some before and after dyno runs and/or 1/4 mile times.
If the consumer wants to rave about their SOTP feeling about a product, fine.
If you are a vendor advertising a performance product then show us the numbers! Just my opinion. :)
Dave

H

·
0 Posts
Hey Dave!

Corrected numbers 377 RWHP 368 ft. lbs torque. This was with the B&B headers only.

I don't have that dyno here at home, but here is the actual RWHP and torque compared to the T-1 both on the same day and dyno, but we had an electrical miss with the TRIC, that we later discovered was a shorting ground to the MAF, when we disconnected the AFR Calibrator.

One more for good luck:

Stock except for the TRIC.

A dyno just done by Borla on a 2001 with our Borla STinger-R headers and XR Exhaust, and the TRIC on its own dynoed at 368.5 RWHP.

Add to that 2% more power derived from the cooler denser intake charge and you have killer power.

Our AFR Calibrator and 30# injectors, and ported throttle body, would bring another 20 RWHP to the picture.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Jim Hall

1 - 12 of 12 Posts