Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys just got back from a late night dyno session and had to post the results first thing in the morning. This was a 3 pass dyno pull just to establish a baseline reading before the Lg Long tubes go on this weekend. We managed to get 357hp on a 4th gear pull. I do have a video clip that will be posting up later, even though the car isn’t making a great deal of power, I hope that will change soon :sneaky:

Background info
Dyno Shop: Rev Tech Motor sports in Woodbridge Va
Contact Info: Pm Me

Ill put up the video as soon as i can find a place to host it. What should I expect with the addition of Lg Long tubes with no cats?

Right now the video is being reviewed by the admin so it may take a while before its been approved. sorry :guiness:

·
21,351 Posts
357 ain't bad! That's what I pulled stock. It's a good healthy number and is probably very close to accurate. Now, time to mod! :lol:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jub Jub -
You know i never caught the modding bug until last night. After these headers I am looking at the car tek package. As long as no one tells the girl friend :z:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
My mods are as follows, Vortex Ram Air, Air Bridge, LG Long Tubes w/o cats, and a tune. See my numbers in my sig., keep in mind that mine is an 01. By the way, those are some good numbers for stock.:thumb:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ambleZ06 said:
My mods are as follows, Vortex Ram Air, Air Bridge, LG Long Tubes w/o cats, and a tune. See my numbers in my sig., keep in mind that mine is an 01. By the way, those are some good numbers for stock.:thumb:
Amblez06-
I am actually hoping to get somewhere close to what you have. The bug has offically bitten. thanks for all the support guys.

BTW can anyone host this video of mine??

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
In my book it's a nice strong stocker. The LG's will bring it up another 25 RWHP or so. :z:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Just FYI those are STD corrected numbers...SAE (the numbers usually posted here) are generally a little lower. Nice numbers none the less.

LGs are a great mod from what I have read

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I made 380 with LG's and no tune.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
niphilli said:
Just FYI those are STD corrected numbers...SAE (the numbers usually posted here) are generally a little lower. Nice numbers none the less.

Generally when I read people sig's are those SAE or STD?
About how much lower are the SAE numbers?

Guys I have another post up for a Dyno day at Rev Tech if any local individuals are able to attend.
:guiness:

·
Registered
830 Posts
I pullled 379 with Kooks and a tune

·
Registered
407 Posts
niphilli said:

What is the difference between STD and SAE numbers??

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
SAE is corrected for atmosphere changes, STD is not.

·
Registered
407 Posts
So is a dyno's number SAE or STD... I assumed .... it was SAE.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just checked my last Dyno reading and it's SAE.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm going off memory, so if I'm a little inaccurate don't stone me.

STD will show approx. 3-5% higher numbers due to it's calculating figures. It uses lower humidity, and a lower ambient temp.

SAE is more real world....average temp/humidity etc......

·
Registered
59 Posts
SAE seems to be at sealevel, 65 degrees outdoor ambient, and 50% reletive humidity.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
SAE is so you could actually try and compare readings from dynos in other areas with different weather; standardizes all test's std is the actual you did in that area for that day with that weather. A car dyno'd in Denver Co. would not dyno as high as it would in say Az. SAE takes all those variables out by using a set of predetermined variables that everyone uses. So everyones SAE's should be facxtored in with the same weather, whereas STD would be factored in with the weather conditions where you are.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good explanation. I think i am happy with my n :ity: .

I actually have another question for everyone here. If i remove the air tubes from the LG headers will I get a check engine light?

Is there any other way to get the light to come off aside from the ls1 edit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts