Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended Dave Hill's presentation on the C6 Z06 today at the C5/6 Registry Birthday Bash in Bowling Green, Ky.
Here are some tidbits from what I heard:

* The top speed will be subastantially above 190 MPH.

*The fender badge will show 505 HP.

*Quarter mile on street tires in mid 11's.

* The car has been tested on several race tracks with over 1,750 laps at top speed. Drivers included C6R team, and GM test people.

* The car magazines will get a production built car for testing in July.

* Next week they will air ship a production built car to Nurburing for testing.

* 93 octane is the recommended gasoline to use.

* The car will have heavier duty half shafts, than the C5 Z06.

* The rear axle ratio will be 3.42.

* Car will be available with 6-speed manual only.

I hope to learn more tomorrow. I have new pics of a Silver & Red Z06 that I'll post when I get home.

No, the price has not been announced.

Let me tell you boys & girls, this Z06 will be a scorcher...I can feel the pride and excitement from the Corvette team as they presented the car today! :yeadog:

More later,

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost forgot, I toured the plant this morning, and didn't see any Z06's.

Friends reported seeing a DSOM on the line during a different tour.

Zipster :z: :z:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw your C6 in the morning, out on the edge of the parking area, sharp car. I was a little disappointed they didn't even revthe motor up, otherwise it was very informative, did you go to the sminar on the Gen IV smalll blocks there was alot of good information in that, where mark said that the Zo6 could take a higher lift camshaft without any problems, saying the pistons have extra valve relief built in from the factory to accomadate a new higher duration cam, with lift. there was som uch info its hard to recall all of it, I am planning on getting a C6 coupe and just build it up myself, I love a challenge, but the Zo6 is gonna be one bad car! The silver looked sooooo Good! Saw breathless's car, along with Mallet, Calllaway, and a few others I don't remeber the names of. This was my first corvette function of any kind, and afterwards I can honestly say I can't wait to become part of the corvette family!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks for the info, keep it coming!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Remebered Dave Hill and Mark damico, Said you could go to SAE website and request all the info they submitted, they brought along a dyno sheet that didn't sya but appeared to be an engine dyno, 505, and 470. from 2400 rpms up 400ft. lbs all the way across the board. Xm attena aids in downforce they said, kinda :screwy: , but hey whatever. I remeber one of them saying the crate motor LS7 would be around 15K, I attended all of the seminars so its all blending together right now. lots of Microphone problems!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dave commented on how he didn't think the aftermarket would be able to do better than this exhaust system. I thikn thats alll I can remeber right now

·
Registered
752 Posts
Zippy...the new 427 Z sounds like it will be an absolute beast :yeadog:

Hard to imagine being able to buy a car with that kind of power and a warranty. Gotta love the :usa:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
mid 11's on street tires?, top speed SUBSTANTIALLY above 190 mph...oh my god, this is getting too exciting :jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Zippy said:
I attended Dave Hill's presentation on the C6 Z06 today at the C5/6 Registry Birthday Bash in Bowling Green, Ky.
Here are some tidbits from what I heard:

* 93 octane is the recommended gasoline to use.

93 octane? I thought not all areas had 93 octane, I thought premium gas was 91 octane, around here all I ever saw and see is 87, 89, and 93 but I heard in other states 91 is the premium, how will that work for them :jawdrop:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thanks for the details! The new Z06 is the "King of the Hill" and the fastest corvette ever available from the factory. I can not wait to test that LS7. :yeadog: It is growing on me.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Zippy,
Just ONE car for the rags to hammer on, or "several" media cars (as has been done in the past)?
Thanks

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Thanks for the info, We need a sound clip :cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Heard the exhaust note from one of the cars at Sebring, remember it being very quiet, even when they got on it. We were able to talk one of the engineers into rev'ing the engine a few times. It was really quiet, the CEO of Corsa just stood there with a big smile on his face, knowing that they were coming out with a full 3" aftermarket exhast for the Z...

Zipster, Matt, thanks for the great info...

Mark

·
Registered
296 Posts
Zippy,

For the Nurburgring test, will they post the times right after no matter how it turned out. I would suspect that they may not post the time if it turns out under-performing.

Would love to know what kind of Ring time that Dave Hill and the team expect out of this new Z.

Thank you for the great thread.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whats the latest E.T.A. for prices?
There is a C6 for sale on Ebay(#4543509241) that has 6 disc CD changer and navigation, I thought you could not get both?

·
Registered
296 Posts
BBS said:
There is a C6 for sale on Ebay(#4543509241) that has 6 disc CD changer and navigation, I thought you could not get both?
No, you can NOT get both for the Z06. However, you can get both for the C6. I believe the reason was for cost and weight issues.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Thanks for the Great update Zippy. :coo:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts