Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent an e-mail to Zeroshift last week and they responsed to me within two days. I hope they price it right so I can affort one. :cheers:

E-mail sent by me:

"There are a lot of talk and interest about Zeroshift among the Corvette C5/C6 enthusiasts in the United States. Some of us have modified our engines with turbos or superchargers. The rear wheel horse power and toque are between 500 - 800 hp and 450 - 700 lb/ft respectively. Are your products designed for high output engines too?

Please forward us the latest status as we are excited about Zeroshift. Do you have a time table on when Zeroshift will be available for the US market? Thank you."

E-mail from Zeroshift:

"I have been passed your email to reply to. Firstly, thank you for your interest in Zeroshift. We are currently developing prototype gearboxes which demonstrate the ability of the Zeroshift principle being incorporated into any application. Each individual application needs to be considered with regard to its required torque and power capacity (along with what market there is for the product). As I'm sure you can understand, for a company such as ours it is of paramount importance to apply our resource to develop gearboxes where there is a market. We definitely intend to be incorporating the Zeroshift principle into gearboxes designed to mate with high output engines.

It is intended that Zeroshift will have its first boxes available for market late 2006. I'm not able to say that these would be available immediately in the U.S. but I can see no reason why they shouldn't be.

I hope this has helped a little, in the meantime please have a look at the June 2005 issue of 'Racecar Engineering' as there is an article relating to Zeroshift. Also please note that we will update our website (as often as we get time to do so) with latest developments.

Best Regards

Miles

Miles Ashcroft
Head of Design

ZeroShift Limited
7 Vermont Place,
Michigan Drive,
Milton Keynes,
MK15 8JA,
UK

T: +44 1908 514051
M: +44 7949 942528
F: +44 1908 613181
E: [email protected]
W: www.zeroshift.com "

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sounds to me like we're quite a way down the waiting list. Panoz and Viper owners will have Zeroshift trannies long before we get it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't see why Viper guys would get them any sooner. They have T56s just like us. Doubt it would take much modification to make a normal front-mounted T56 work in a transaxle application like a C5/C6.

Hell, if not, I'll at least get to try it in my Camaro ;)

Dope

1 - 3 of 3 Posts