Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to our friends at the C5 Registry, here are the latest numbers (as of 1-31-02) for the '02 Z06:

Black 995
Electron Blue 952
Torch Red 834
Silver 692
Yellow 503

Black Interior: 3,159
Black/Red Int. 817

TOTAL: 3,976

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
And the loser is....

I am very Happy to see Yellow at the bottom of the list. Sometimes it is good to come in last. ;)

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Amazing that EB has almost outsold Black, pretty impressive.....

And all those Black interiors, puzzling, ppl must not like the ModRed too much......:-?

And what happened with QS? They run out of paint!?

JC

·
Registered
523 Posts
I ordered my car in the middle of July.....EB.The demo I drove was a TR/MR.At the time,I really could'nt "see" the Mod red interior in my EB car and as there were no examples to look at, at the time,I went with a "safe" int/ext color match.In retrospect,I think it would have looked fine and been rare to boot.Oh well.......I love the car,anyway:D

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Cvette2002z06 said:
I ordered my car in the middle of July.....EB.The demo I drove was a TR/MR.At the time,I really could'nt "see" the Mod red interior in my EB car and as there were no examples to look at, at the time,I went with a "safe" int/ext color match.In retrospect,I think it would have looked fine and been rare to boot.Oh well.......I love the car,anyway:D
Yep!

Lookin forward to my EB/Mod Red in 9 1/2 weeks..........:D :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thanks Zippy for the info! I knew EB was gonna be a very popular, just from looking at the body panel that was available. Black was my 2nd choice. Anyways, I'm glad I got what I did, no, make that ecstatic!

:D
RT

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
N4C5S said:
Amazing that EB has almost outsold Black, pretty impressive.....

And all those Black interiors, puzzling, ppl must not like the ModRed too much......:-?

And what happened with QS? They run out of paint!?

JC
I love my QS/ Mod Red JC..... :cheers:

I also love the fact that it is a 'somewhat' rare combination.... :cool:

I predict that E-Blue will beat out Black by the end of production.... ;)

Not really surprised at the popularity of E-Blue though.... it is a beautiful blue! :yeadog:

·
Registered
467 Posts
I love my Black with ModRed. With Red Calipers, Fuel Rail Covers, Crossed Flags and of course the Z06 Badges this combo rocks.:z: :z:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I`m a little confused my car was built 12-01
and the last 4 digits of my vin is 6314.
Doesn`t this make it the 6314th built?

Later,
John

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
VIN #'s pertain to ALL Corvettes.......

Look over in the OWNER FAQ
<--------------

And you will see an explaination of the VIN, there is a number that ID's the LS6 engine, and would ID the car as, well a Z06!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I saw a Eb with Mod Red interior. I think you will either love it or hate it.

This car also had red carpet so it was a bit overwhellming.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Re: And the loser is....

Baron said:
I am very Happy to see Yellow at the bottom of the list. Sometimes it is good to come in last. ;)
Actually, I might have to disagree here. Numbers don't lie, more people like the black, so that means more buyers wanting a black Z06, when it is time to sell. And besides that, black rules!!!!!:D :D

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Zippy,

Thanks for the update. I am suprised too that there are so few Mod Red interiors.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Thanks Zipster! Great info!
Won't be too much longer and they will be shutting down 02 production:D

I wonder how close they are to that 20% of C5 production is supposed to be z06's?

·
Registered
666 Posts
fyrcaptain said:
Thanks Zipster! Great info!
Won't be too much longer and they will be shutting down 02 production:D

I wonder how close they are to that 20% of C5 production is supposed to be z06's?

I would guess they are close. Mine was built on Jan. 28 with a VIN # 20000. Thus, approx. 4000 Z06's is 20%.........

·
Registered
928 Posts
If those numbers are correct, I guess we should be able to predict the total ZO6s for the 02 MY. I say 5522, what do you all say?
Stan

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Supposed to be 7000+ from what I had heard a month or so ago

Total production was estimated at 35,000'ish units(forgot where I heard/read that!)

So 20%=7000 :D

God........I went to college for that!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts

Baron said:
couldn't agree more :D

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
vettepilot said:
If those numbers are correct, I guess we should be able to predict the total ZO6s for the 02 MY. I say 5522, what do you all say?
Stan
I agree with Z0000006..... probably closer to 7000. :cool:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

Baron said:
I'm with you on that one Baron!!!!!!!! Would be anxious to learn how many Yellows are out there for 2002 with the Modified Red interior....?

Zman

1 - 20 of 30 Posts