Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never tracked the Z and was wondering what a safe launch rpm is with Nitto DR on a stock drivetrain. I have 366RWHP stock and 477RWHP if I use the 100 shot.

I'm thinking if I roll of the cluch and launch relatively easy, I can manage to get tracion without breaking anything.

How much HP can the drivetrain take on DR?

Thanks in advance!
Jim

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Well, I broke on DR's w/ about the same stock rwhp you posted on a dead hook launching at 5300rpms.
ET streets have more flex in their sidewall & that absorbs some of the launch shock of the drivetrain.
If you launch easy & slip the clutch & quickly roll into the throttle, you should be fine. Don't dump the clutch or release it too fast (as I did when I broke) & you should be good. A DTE strut brace will help as well as hardened output shaft(s) & rear parts will as well.
Ron

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
I agree with Ron. However, do not expect super 60' times by doing an easy launch. But you can expect them to hook pretty well once you're rolling and you romp on the gas...assuming you heated them up.

Since you will probably not be launching "on the bottle", you can probably get away with leaving at 2500-3000 and rolling into the throttle and slipping the clutch just a little bit (hate to fry the clutch, though, I know).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for the input guys. I have a Digi window switch so I have the Nitrous set to come on at 3200 rpm. Also have WOT switch. I was thinking of rolling off the clutch at 3000-3500 and the roll onto full throttle to hook. I wasn't planning to powershift either, so I figured the car should be able to hold.

Thanks much and I will let everyone know how I do on the 10th.

Thanks again,
Jim

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
D.I.R.E. C-5 said:
Thanks a lot for the input guys. I have a Digi window switch so I have the Nitrous set to come on at 3200 rpm. Also have WOT switch. I was thinking of rolling off the clutch at 3000-3500 and the roll onto full throttle to hook. I wasn't planning to powershift either, so I figured the car should be able to hold.

Thanks much and I will let everyone know how I do on the 10th.

Thanks again,
Jim
Have fun bro. With the juice you'll spin some but you'll figure out how to ride it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts