Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been having a problem with traction on the track, i have pilot sports on my rear now and there a good street tire but as far as on the track i notice them break poose on first gear at high rpm's and as far as the lauch i cant really raise the rpm;s to high and i have to slip the clutch alot arelse i wont be going nowhere. I recently ordered a set of 305 35 18 nitto dr;s hoping to solve my problem and improve my 60, What will be the appropiate launching tecnique to get the most out of my nittos and get my 60 times improved. :z:

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Get a real Air pressure gauge and start air pressure at 20psi just to test it out, get the rear wheels on the water box and do a power brake holding RPMs at about 5000rpms, when you feel the car bog down from 5000rpms get off the burnout...

at the lights hold it at steady at 4000rmps and slip the clutch the first 20-30 feet...

Depending on that run you can go up on rpms up to 5000rpm maybe even 5200rpms, Also play with the Psi down to 14psi, It should be betwenn 14-18psi, I said make a run with 20psi to get a feel for it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts