Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I am preparing for the track opening next Friday here in Georgia and am practicing my launching.

My car is a 2004 Z06 basically stock (just blackwing and poly bushings which lower wheel hop) running stock GoodYear F1s.

I read on this site and others that one should "slip" the clutch but I see on my practice runs on the street that dumping the clutch (just letting it go) with a 2500rpm rev gets the car moving MUCH faster than slipping it.

What is the best way to launch:

1) Slip clutch @ 2500
2) Dump clutch @ 2500
3) .....other method

Any help would be much appreciated.
Sunrise

ps. Please specify on how you guys "slip" the clutch...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Do a search on the word Launch with Jrod or Powershifter, you will get all kinds of Idea's from some real Hot Shoes. :z:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your responses. What is the difference between "dumping the clutch" and "letting it out quickly"?

·
Registered
590 Posts
You might want to check with Ranger he is the resident pro at getting a stock Z06 down the track in the 11's..

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I would do a full burnout and slip the clutch at 3000 rpms to start with around 18 psi. Then adjust accordingly. If you smell cluth then your doing it right.:D

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
sunrise said:
Thanks for your responses. What is the difference between "dumping the clutch" and "letting it out quickly"?
Big difference. If you dump the clutch at 3000 you'll just spin. A small adjustment with clutch makes a big difference in how the car launches. Takes alot of practice to get it right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts