Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my first weekend out with the car this year at Road America I noticed that I am leaking what I believe is trans fluid. There is a seam in towards the rear of the transmisson that is wet with fluid and everything behind it is getting sprayed with very dark fluid. We put a wrench on the bolts holding the seam together and they are tight and didn't budge. Is there a gasket in there that might be bad or any other ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
During my first weekend out with the car this year at Road America I noticed that I am leaking what I believe is trans fluid. There is a seam in towards the rear of the transmisson that is wet with fluid and everything behind it is getting sprayed with very dark fluid. We put a wrench on the bolts holding the seam together and they are tight and didn't budge. Is there a gasket in there that might be bad or any other ideas?

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
There is a vent on top of the tranny (and diff.). It is not uncommon to blow off some fluid with the pressure while tracking the car.

If it is leaking & puddling on Monday in your driveway then you have a seal problem. Sometimes fluid can run down from vent and seem like a seal problem. If a seal goes it is usually the output shaft seal(s). You must determine if it is wet above the seal...between it and the vent to differentiate.

Even if no seal problem, you still need to check the fluid level in both units.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts