Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still batteling my leaky vette! I get water in both driver and pass. floor boards. It is comeing from the windshield weatherstrip D&P sides and from the Cowl. I am just going to replace the entire cowl and the weatherstrip that seals the windshield and runs above the doors. I have a few questions.
First.... should the weatherstrip on the cowl be glued to the windshield? Mine is not and is very loose.
Second.....Should'nt the tips of the cowl be tucked under the side windshield weatherstrips? Mine are above. Sorry, pics kinda suck. :(

I need the GM part # for, the black triangular piece that runs up the windshield and over the window both driver and passenger and for the Cowl and cowl weatherstrip.

Please help!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any one? :-? Someone has gotta be able to help me out!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a good amount of water coming in on my clutch foot when I went up my steep driveway after washing my 2002 Z06 and it ended up on my drivers side floor mat. It was caused by the rubber grommet in the firewall in front of the clutch pedal not being seated. We put a strong light in the engine bay and by laying in the drivers floor board we could see light coming around the grommet. It was easy to seat the grommet and the water leak was ended.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ttt :eek2:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
SGT. I had just about every leak in the book but I had mine serviced at the dealer. I'll dig up my invoices and see what part numbers they listed to see if that will help you. I remember reading them all and it just seemed like they threw the kitchen sink at it after keeping it for 3 days the last time I brought it in. Lot's of "adjustments" and some of the fixes are not really pretty but the leaks have stopped though.

I had a fish bowl (okay not that bad but it was really damp) in my passenger footwell everytime I washed the car or if it rained.

Good luck and I'll see what I can dig up.

·
Registered
239 Posts
What a nightmare!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Had the same problem when the windshield was replaced last fall. It took the installer 4 tries to stop all leaks. That's by a glass shop that is supposed to be one of the best in the area.

On the final attempt - I think they actually pulled the windshield back out and completely re-sealed it.

I don't think this would be a DIY job. Call your insurance agent for a recommended shop and installer - they'll be able to answer your questions.

Good Luck.
Joe

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
The IRONY...

SGT. I hadn't forgotten about your request, I cleaned up my office and I can't find the damn folder in which I kept all of my svc invoices under the the premise of "safe keeping"...

However, I might get another opportunity to compile another stack of svc invoices :cry: My passenger side window weatherstrip is torn to hell. Apparently, one of the adjustments they made pulled the window glass tighter against the stripping, well, I expressed my concern at the time that it was too tight, rubbing too hard against the weatherstrip but was assured it was okay. A few months later, in hindsight it was too tight and I was CORRECT because it's now got a 3" gash in it and it's gonna leak- guarantee it.

Back in the shop after the July 4th holiday weekend... :bmad: :bmad: :bmad:

I love this car but dammit, these little nuisances are driving me up the wall. :puke:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bigbadbevo said:
SGT. I hadn't forgotten about your request, I cleaned up my office and I can't find the damn folder in which I kept all of my svc invoices under the the premise of "safe keeping"...

However, I might get another opportunity to compile another stack of svc invoices :cry: My passenger side window weatherstrip is torn to hell. Apparently, one of the adjustments they made pulled the window glass tighter against the stripping, well, I expressed my concern at the time that it was too tight, rubbing too hard against the weatherstrip but was assured it was okay. A few months later, in hindsight it was too tight and I was CORRECT because it's now got a 3" gash in it and it's gonna leak- guarantee it.

Back in the shop after the July 4th holiday weekend... :bmad: :bmad: :bmad:

I love this car but dammit, these little nuisances are driving me up the wall. :puke:
I thank you for your help. I love my ZO6 but sometimes the little things bug me also. No rush, if you find them great, if not no worries. I can go to the dealer as bad as I hate to for the part #'s but if you are anything like me, you steer clear and go only as a last resort. Thanks again and take care! :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts