Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMA2 and I are packed and ready to rumble tomorrow night off to Vegas. We are taking the 3 day level one Z06 course and JC has said he will post a blow by blow feature that I will write (with pics) when I return. Now on to heel/toe blipping and VISUALIZING these blessed turns....... Whatta Life! Their tires, Their brakes, Their clutch, in MY model Z06 I drive....

'01, Z06, Millenium Yellow (reflective concepts front and rear "Corvette", electrochromics, BSMs, magnetic oil plug, cargo net, Lexol, and velcro'd accessories), Everyday driver (such a treat to drive Automobile's car of the year!)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
You are going to love the B-S driving experience!!!

Did it 2 years ago and itching to go back!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
I hear the school is a blast. My Vette Salesman has been there to the Level 1 and Level 2. He says its just awesome!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are you doing the "drive your own" or using their vehicles?

I want to bring my Z there soon!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are using their cars this time. We specifically signed up for a Z06 course although they have Camaro's mixed in and a special skid car that is an Impala. I didn't know they had any schools where you drive your own except a rent the track option. I will find out and report all of the options when we come back. Look at www.bragg-smith.com

·
Registered
362 Posts
On 2001-05-26 06:11, Felkebg spewed forth this drivel:
We are using their cars this time. We specifically signed up for a Z06 course although they have Camaro's mixed in and a special skid car that is an Impala. I didn't know they had any schools where you drive your own except a rent the track option. I will find out and report all of the options when we come back. Look at http://www.bragg-smith.com
[/quote<<< We just had a one day drive your own at BS,will have another we hope this fall. About 20-30 cars show up,check the C5 registry for the next date.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You're going to love it! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I attended the Level One program in March and it convinced me to switch my Coupe for a Z06. I now plan to do a LOT more track weekends. Have fun!

Andy

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Day one is over. Lots of gold in the lessons. I have lots to tell on the performance of the Z06 in these conditions and there is a 2002 model here being tested. I will dig for nuggets on it too and report what I find in the article. Good day, great pics, and 350 miles of track time in the next two days to come........

·
Registered
588 Posts
Bragg-Smith is a blast. I took level one ina Camaro SS last year. Then a GM Exec took my wife Grace for a few laps in a QS Z06. She got out and said, "You have to get one of these!" What a women. I am going back in Nov for a special blend of level one and level two. I can't wait. Going to an HPDE event with NASA at Lime Rock in Conn and the Bragg-Smith events are the highlights of my year. Please keep the reports coming and have a great time! You have me all excited about it again! Nov seems so far away!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was at BG at the end of March with a bunch of guys from Corvetteforum. A first class operation, run by first class guys. Rupert Bragg-Smith is one funny character. One of our fellow students, Al Hall, was nice enough to send his pictures to all of us on CD.

So, Frank, how do we get some of them up? Can I send them to you?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK we are back and have an exclusive Z06vette.com, 8 page feature written with LOTS of good insights, blow by blow accounts, tips, racing truths, and informed speculation on where the Z, anniversary edition, and C6 are going in the future. I am on a weekend junket to Bend, OR and when I get back home I will get the pics in the article and send it to the forum early next week. We are already looking for a date for level 2. It was GREAT!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts