Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...just got done doing the LED install for the door / traction control lamps (looks amazing - thanx to Carleton & EFI-1). Once you get the hang of it, you can knock out the LED's in about 5 min each.

Tomorrow nite I think I'll tackle the mirror.

This being said - here's the questions I've got...

How do I get to the trunk release button on the dash - what do I need to remove?

Second - to do the lamps for the switches to the left & right of the cluster, do I need to remove the cluster itself? If so, how difficult is it to take the cluster out?

Thanx!!! :jammin:

Al

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The trunk release/fog light switch just pops out...be gentle and patient so as not to damage anything.

The DIC controls will require you to remove the whole cluster ot gain access......Sorry, but I don't have a write up for this one. I can tell you that you will need to remove the 2 nuts holding up the brace for the steering column so you cxan drop the column down. Other than that tip, everything else is pretty much straight forward removal.

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys - that's what I needed to know... any thoughts on how long I should figure it will take to dig out the cluster?

For anyone thinking about doing the LEDs, lemme say, it is one of the coolest looking mods as far as making the interior look more modern. The only drawback is now I've gotta figure out how to do the radio and climate control. This gets addictive...

:guiness:

Al

·
Registered
229 Posts
took me about a hour taking my time to pull the cluster.

·
Registered
10 Posts
aclar said:
Thanks guys - that's what I needed to know... any thoughts on how long I should figure it will take to dig out the cluster?

For anyone thinking about doing the LEDs, lemme say, it is one of the coolest looking mods as far as making the interior look more modern. The only drawback is now I've gotta figure out how to do the radio and climate control. This gets addictive...

:guiness:

Al

Look at my topic here:

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76853

1 - 6 of 6 Posts