Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got some bad news today, although I can't say I am suprised. The Dallas dealer I had hoped to use to get an 02 Z06, just told me they were going to be charging $5K over sticker. They have a Silver 01 they would be willing to sell me at 2500 under sticker, but I have been waiting for the 02's. Well, they were my best hope of getting one at sticker, because all of the other dealers in Dallas were charging anywhere from 5 to 10K over on the 01's last year. Anyone else getting the markups as well?

BK /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
4,024 Posts

On 2001-08-08 17:25, BK spewed forth this drivel:
Well, I got some bad news today, although I can't say I am suprised. The Dallas dealer I had hoped to use to get an 02 Z06, just told me they were going to be charging $5K over sticker. They have a Silver 01 they would be willing to sell me at 2500 under sticker, but I have been waiting for the 02's. Well, they were my best hope of getting one at sticker, because all of the other dealers in Dallas were charging anywhere from 5 to 10K over on the 01's last year. Anyone else getting the markups as well?

BK, I would be glad to help you out with a 2002 z06 as long as it is not M/Y for Below MSRP. Please see my page on the merchants site located to your left. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
BK,

Welcome to the forum!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

No reason for you to have to pay over MSRP. If you are willing to go out of state, then you can get a Z at or below MSRP.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rick and Frank for the posts. Rick I will get in touch with you as soon as I get back from vacation.

BK /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,024 Posts

On 2001-08-08 17:49, BK spewed forth this drivel:
Thanks Rick and Frank for the posts. Rick I will get in touch with you as soon as I get back from vacation.

BK /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Thank you BK I will look forward to it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
32 Posts
Eact reason why I bought my 2002 MY Z06 out of state. The Dallas dealers are pricks and they think their cars are gold.

I bought my new Z06 from Rick Daniel in Atlanta. It was a fun drive back. Of course, you could have it delivered to the dealer that is trying to charge $10K over sticker... I bought one that was already on order - otherwise I would have had it delivered.

I been working on my write up of my experience with Maxie Price Chevrolet, but I have been traveling too much. It was not all positive, but much more positive than negative. Rick is a heck of a nice guy. The dealership has some piss poor rules that I don't like and I got burned on when I tried to buy 2001. Rick made it right on the 2002.

Would I buy another one from Rick - absolutely.

They can get the cars is the bottom line. Heck, while I am typing here I might as well throw the one item out.

They won't hold a car or allocation until they have the money in hand. no credit cards, no verbals, nothing. Had to wait until a wire transfer goes thru. Well, I "lost" a 2001 MY and I got lied to. That was not Rick Daniel. Rick made it right - just don't agree with the proceedure. There has to be some trust on BOTH sides. Not, well that car is gone. We might be able to get you another one... Once my money showed up and I got locked into a car - it was all good.

I guess one other thing - they don't take credit cards. Even for extended warranties. I was glad I had my check book with me.

Rick - how about taking paydirect.yahoo.com or paypal for deposits on car so we don't have to mess with wires or have to be concerned about somebody else getting a car that we want.

Screw the Dallas dealers. Call Rick up and get your game on.

D.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
BK--

I was going to use Ray Huffines Chevrolet in Plano but cancelled my order after getting a run around--they wanted 2K over msrp and coulnd't even give me a ballpark when it might be in.

Rick saved me almost 3K on my EB Z---give him a call for sure

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Old time car dealers are used to the car market being local. All they have to do is match the local competition in their minds. Unfortunately most car buyers are equally uninformed. Eventually they will become aware of the new reality when many of their customers walk - it is national with the internet.

It is frustrating in the meantime. I love the new reality and I am glad that I am no longer a new car dealer. :(

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you're interested in a more local option, you can try Ray Mullins at Allen Samuels Chevrolet in Houston. My 2002 Z06 arrived in PERFECT condition after a very easy negotiation with no markup. I gave him a huge list of special requests for delivery, and the dealership followed it down to the item. I think the dealership has a pretty significant allocation (always 1 or two vettes on the lot), so hopefully you can get one without too much difficulty.

Email me at [email protected] if you want any details. Good luck!

Quicksilver 2002 Z06

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
2002 Z my 6 said:
If you're interested in a more local option, you can try Ray Mullins at Allen Samuels Chevrolet in Houston. My 2002 Z06 arrived in PERFECT condition after a very easy negotiation with no markup. I gave him a huge list of special requests for delivery, and the dealership followed it down to the item. I think the dealership has a pretty significant allocation (always 1 or two vettes on the lot), so hopefully you can get one without too much difficulty.

Email me at [email protected] if you want any details. Good luck!

Quicksilver 2002 Z06
hey another houston Z owner....welcome to the forum.

-jason

·
Registered
58 Posts
BK said:

BK, you are wrong sir. Just picked up my EB 2002 at sticker in Dallas. Know of two dealers that charge sticker. eMail me and I can put you in touch, Probably won't get one on the floor at that price but can get an expected deliver.

Bob

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Texas and CA dealers are two of a kind. $5k markup is the "norm" on these cars and I have known of several CA dealers trying to get away with as much as $10k markups. I must agree with what other members have said, for those of us who are dialed into the Z06 forum, there is absolutely no reason why anyone should pay more than sticker. We have "viable" alternatives. Shady dealers that are price gouging in TX and CA should wake up before they lose ALL their customers to alternatives like those of us buying from out of state. :mad:

·
Registered
568 Posts
On August 28 I was at Brooks Chevrolet in Bellevue Washington with a friend. We were checking out the 'vettes (all 3) and were approached once we went inside.

They had a 2001 Z06 in Speedway white. It was used with 530 miles. The salesguy could not tell me the story - was it a demo? Why was it being sold? He said he didn't know.

So.. $59,000 for a used 2001 Z06!

Much worse.. He said that price was *$5000* over sticker. And did you guys know that the 2002 has 425 HP?

Nuff said.

I am now working with Jon Weber at Buff Whelan in Sterling Heights Michigan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the headsup on the dealers in Dallas. I still can't quite pull the trigger yet. I have an 01 Porsche C2 coupe with less than 2K. I would be trading that in on the Z06. I Love my 911 but I know that it can't match the performance of the Z. But, it is still a difficult decision.

BK

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I live in N. Dallas and I am very happy to say that I placed my order with Rick Daniel on 9/3/01 and now have a TPW of 9/17/01.

My wife and I are catching a flight from DFW to Atlanta International (Rick is sending a limo to drive us to the dealership). We found flights as low as $85/person---BUT since this is a celebration of the Z, We have to opt for first class and fly in the night before, & take a cab to the Hilton. I will have a suite reserved and get room service so we can both relax and make it a romantic adventure. I figure it will be a long drive and we both want to be well rested.

RICK DANIEL, Thanks for making our delivery an event! I am bringing a digital camera so I can post some pics on this site. So wear your Sunday best when I get there friend! LOL BTW---Any good Bar-B-Q near that dealership?

Jeff Nation
Frisco, TX

1 - 16 of 16 Posts