Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I know this is a little off subject on a Vet forum, but I just have to share the wonderful news I received today.....First, brief background for those unaware.

I was diagnosed with CML leukemia on May 12, 2000 (blood cancer). Underwent chemotherapy, numerous meds, and then a succesfullbone marrowstem cell transplant from my sister. Been off work since then and still taking daily meds. Well today I had my usual monthly visit with my Doctor, and after reviewing my blood sample tests, hea said I am CURED!!! CURED! What a remarkable surprise...not even a year since my transplant and he says I am cured!

Life is Good and Precious, enjoy it and be thankful for every day! Thanks to all who have sent emails, prayers, cards, well wishes, etc! WE WON!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
God bless you Zippy - that's wonderful news! Use this time to the fullest. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Zippy, I knew after meeting you in BG that you would beat this. A more positive and happy person I have yet to meet. Enjoy your life, Z06, family, and friends. Ron.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I am thrilled for you and your family Zippy!

God bless!

·
Registered
150 Posts
God is indeed good!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Zipster.....YOU are the man now. Really happy for you. My boss will be going through the bone marrow process soon. I will relay this great personal and spiritual success.

Ever since Frank showed the picture of you and the Skeleton --- I knew you would be a survivor!!!!

So happy for ya man,

Ken-

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I don't know you Zippy, but I would give you a big hug if I could! Its Good to feel Good! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Zippy,

I was shocked to read that. I'm very glad you have good news and wishing you the very best, Sincerly Greg.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Zippy GREAT NEWS!!! I'm 8 years post Bone Marrow Transplant on August 8th. As you may know I was diagnosed at age 37 with stage IV non hodgkins lymphoma. At 45 I feel great!! God Bless you and your family, Les

·
Registered
266 Posts
Zippy,

Didn't know. Very happy to hear the news. One of my best friends (Vette owner) has it and goes in and out of remission. Doing fair right now.

Must be owning a Z06 does the trick!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The Best,

·
Registered
0 Posts
Zippy,

My friend, noone could be any happier for you than I!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Current observation, 2 of my best friends, Zippy and FUBU have been blessed with the cure. I love you guys!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

See you and Pat next week in Detroit Zipster!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Zip,

Congratulations on the GREAT news! I think many prayers have been answered.

Mark

1 - 20 of 44 Posts