Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I put my LG Long Pros on about 4 weeks ago and got it dyno'd yesterday at LGM. 382 RWHP and 361 RWTQ with cats and a Blackwing and NO Tune. Also my cats are before the x-pipe. Has anyone dyno'd without the cats and has anyone dyno'd with the cats behind the x-pipe? Just curious if switching it around would make a difference.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Nice numbers, Congrats :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
229 Posts
nice numbers look foward to see what mine will dyno at when i get them installed.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Millenium Z06 said:
I put my LG Long Pros on about 4 weeks ago and got it dyno'd yesterday at LGM. 382 RWHP and 361 RWTQ with cats and a Blackwing and NO Tune. Also my cats are before the x-pipe. Has anyone dyno'd without the cats and has anyone dyno'd with the cats behind the x-pipe? Just curious if switching it around would make a difference.

Would you happen to have sound clips of your car after the LG install?

How different is the interior sound compared to stock?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Electron Blue: No, I never dyno'd before the mods but the guy I went with was stock and he did 357rwhp. My tq curve was very flat too. I expect to be around 400 with a tune.

SexyLex: No sound clips but it is louder, I'm going to get a partition to quieten it down. It's a nice mellow sound now and sounds bad ass @ wot and on shifts. I wouldnt want it any louder though. There is a ressonance in the car that tries to rattle stuff now @ 1000 rpm, but this is only when the car is cold and idling.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Millenium Z06 said:
Has anyone dyno'd without the cats and has anyone dyno'd with the cats behind the x-pipe? Just curious if switching it around would make a difference.
I have my cats behind the x-pipe and frankly the numbers are just a tad within yours but you would also need to compare other mods (see My Garage page). To be honest the only reason to do it, is to move the heat from the cats further back. Lou was recommending this install way about a year ago.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dosent look that different. Do you have a tune?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Backlash said:
I have my cats behind the x-pipe and frankly the numbers are just a tad within yours but you would also need to compare other mods (see My Garage page). To be honest the only reason to do it, is to move the heat from the cats further back. Lou was recommending this install way about a year ago.
:yeadog: same here............I gained 20rwhp & 21rwtq. The HP & TQ increases are prior to being dyno tuned.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Here is my dyno before and after without cats. Only mods done to the car before the headers and tune was the Vortex Rammer.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The further you move the cats back the less efficient they will become for emissions if that is a concern. (They will light off faster closer to the motor this may help pass a sniff better.)

Great numbers! :jammin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts