Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off... Install was not as easy as I expected.. Ive done a turbo swap on my buddys car, a bunch of exhausts, front mount intercoolers, suspension, and I removed just about every part on my last car, and still found this install to be a real pain in the arse.. I think my major issue was with the lack of work space in the engine bay and having to lean over the car (kills my lower back)..

The one thing that has amazed me the most is the sound.. With no cats the car sounds AMAZING!!!!!! :zboobie: Best way to describe the change in sound is that its now cleaner/clearer.. With the stock manifolds & cats, the car sounded like it was stumbling, and holding back, but with this new setup it sounds clearer and at high rpms it has a raspy tone to it and oddly enough at cruising speed it seems to be quieter :-?

Power ... Feels more responsive, better recovery after shifts, and more power downlow... Up top, I couldn’t really feel much of a change but I was a little out of it (3 hours of sleep will do that to ya along with the 7 hour install) so ill have to come back to answer that one accurately..

Granted I only have about 50miles on the car with this setup, but I can certainly say that I am happy with my decision based on what I felt during my drive after the install... I need a few more days with the car to feel out the topend improvement...

Oh yeah.. No codes, MY=2004, and stock catback... One other thing to add is that it is a little louder, imo its perfect right now.. Very happy with everything.. :zboobie:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I agree with you on that install, PITA esp the drivers side. Taking everything off only took about 40min except for the driver side manifold it took almost an hour trying to get it out, then the dr. side header took about 2 to get in. I had to undo the motor mounts. Passenger side took about 10 min to install. Bet it's loud w/o cats. :thumb:

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm envious. Have fun and keep her under 140.
:D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Millenium... Its not too loud, with the stock exhaust I think its perfect.. When driving around town like a normal human being it seems quieter, but once you open it up shes a little louder.. Idle is a touch louder.. One of these days Im going to make a video clip and post it up for all to hear.. I personally love it... Its exactly what I want..

Under 140? :lol: come on man, thats no fun..

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
LG long-tubes, no cats and the stock titanium cat-back is a sweet setup. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great! I am in the middle of my LG header install! Just have to find the time to finish. Can't wait!! :yeadog:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts