Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY, we finished installing my LG longtubes with matrix cats going into BB PRTs. Sounds Great!!! Feels strong! Idle great after installing fresh Delco Iridiums at 22K miles. No installation problems...

Check engine light came on after 21 miles.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on cause/effect/cure? :z:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Check your codes :D After I did my header install I was throwing P0420,P0430 it has to do with the cat's.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Your rear O2 sensors are not getting hot enough. You need to have them turned off. Same thing happened to me after Dynamaxx install. Take it to your local tuner he can turn them using LS1 edit.

Chas.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Morzoff said:
Check your codes :D After I did my header install I was throwing P0420,P0430 it has to do with the cat's.
Pull the codes first and post them here. If you do the install correctly you should not get codes with the LG's. Let's first try and figure out what is going on. Good Luck

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
I had same problem with my Supermaxx Headers and I got the same codes. However, it may be something different, and you should go through manual diagnostics and write down all your codes. Post them all, and let the experts guide you.

I, am NOT an expert..... :p

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FRISKY said:
Did you get the O2s on the correct sides?
Reversed them after talking directly with LGM. Cleared code with scanner and light back on after about 10 miles right after I engaged cruise control - I'm sure that had no bearing.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Hi flow cats cause the 420/430 code on about 30% of the cars that have them installed.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Backlash said:
Pull the codes first and post them here. If you do the install correctly you should not get codes with the LG's. Let's first try and figure out what is going on. Good Luck

P1153 - which I believe is a faulty left front O2 sensor. I just ran out and bought a new one - I'll see if that helps...

·
Registered
882 Posts
The codes will throw when your driving a bit more aggressively than usual at 35 to 70mph. Usually takes about 20 minutes or just over 12 miles. At highway speeds, they will not appear. Passing more exhaust gas due to the efficiency of the high flow cats confuses the sensors. They think your cats are "worn out."

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies. Replaced the O2 sensor last night and so far so good. We'll see!:jammin:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm throwing these codes with my Dynamax.
P0133 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO25) Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 1-B
P0153 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Slow Response Bank 2 Sensor 1-A
C2120 TPM System malfunction (No Sensors Received -TPM

These are with a tune. Any ideas?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts